PDA

View Full Version : Heater controls

Leeboo
04-03-08, 09:16 PM
Hi, I am having problems with the heater system on my 1.0 Nova. It only works when you turn it to the the 3rd (last) setting. Also 2 of the lights aren't working, despite me replacing them. I have the facia etc off the dashboard now so would like to get it fixed while I'm at it.

I have checked the fuses in the fuse box, all are fine. Is there an inline fuse or something?

Suggestions welcome!!

craig green
04-03-08, 09:21 PM
The bulbs blow for a past time. Cant see why new ones wont work tbh.

I'd say the switch is at fault as usually if the fan blower is faulty then it stops all together.

My advice is try another (borrowed) switch & if that doesnt sort it, replace the fan blower (I've got a spare tested one here). I think the resistor pack is on the fan. Thats usually what goes wrong but as the switch is so quick to swap that my 1st thing to try.

Leeboo
04-03-08, 09:28 PM
Ok cheers, do you know if a working heater system is required for MOT?

Welsh Dan
04-03-08, 09:42 PM
I think you need to be able to demist the windscreen.

mowgli
04-03-08, 09:46 PM
all multi speed blowers have a resistor on the heater fan unit, the lower speeds go first because they are resistive. the full speed has no resistance. if the dealer can't supply a nova one, & it is 3 speed, get a mk3 astra one. then have a word with the service dept on how to fit it.

Leeboo
04-03-08, 10:45 PM
Ok cheers for the comments folks! Ok mowgli I will hopefully call into my dealer... so the resistor is Nova specific?