PDA

View Full Version : meriva vxr engine

gunny
04-03-08, 08:44 PM
does anybody know what the difference is between the meriva vxr engine and the corsa vxr engine as im interested in buying a meriva but want corsa power lol

John
04-03-08, 08:49 PM
iirc the power difference is only in the mapping they're both have the z16let engine.

gunny
04-03-08, 10:21 PM
thought it might of been but wasnt sure

andy_srt40
05-03-08, 08:16 AM
would that mean that you could swap the ecu out for a corsa one? as long as all the immobiliser crap was taken care of

gunny
05-03-08, 02:07 PM
guessing so...

Stuart
05-03-08, 02:23 PM
or simply get a corsa vxr "remap"...

andy_srt40
05-03-08, 02:49 PM
i reckon it wouldn;t be cheap but if the engines use the same load inputs etc, vauxhall should be able to upload a corsa map for you no problem at all and even keep the immobiliser happy

Stuart
05-03-08, 03:38 PM
lol like anyone at vauxhall will do that..... yeah ok there are probably a few shifty souls but i bet they are few and far between.

andy_srt40
05-03-08, 03:40 PM
i meant legitimately! lol. if youre paying for it why wouldn;t they?

Adam
05-03-08, 04:00 PM
I bet they wouldn't.
In my experience most people at vauxhall are right miserable bastids, who wont do anything for anyone. I mean, they charged me an hours labour to look at an engine number and say "yeah, thats right" :confused:
No offence John H lol lol

Stuart
05-03-08, 04:04 PM
They have put the calibration in the Corsa VXR for a reason, much the same as they have done so in the Meriva. This means that they are warrantied in such a way too (and also type approved, think tyre ratings etc)...... meanning they are less than likely to put a corsa VXR cal on your Meriva from the factory.

I'd love to be proved wrong though lol

John
05-03-08, 06:23 PM
I bet they wouldn't.
In my experience most people at vauxhall are right miserable bastids, who wont do anything for anyone. I mean, they charged me an hours labour to look at an engine number and say "yeah, thats right" :confused:
No offence John H lol lol

None taken!! Seeing as i no-longer work for them! (vauxhall) When i worked there i had almost perfected (but not completely i hasten to add!) a vxr flash re-programme into a corsa b ecu for my zlet zafira.lol
Follow stuarts advise and just get it re-mapped by an aftermarket supplier. Will be cheaper in the long run! Who can tell at vauxhall if it's been done to exempt your warranty or not?