PDA

View Full Version : problem

BEN187NOVA
04-03-08, 10:17 AM
Problem I sold my cavalier to a freind of mine who owns a garage a little while ago . my nova is up there being fixed at the moment and im using the cav as a courtsey car .

last sunday morning i hit a new mini up the ass , not hard it was in a cue so only under 2mph. the damage was a scuffed bumper on the mini and cav . no one was hurt we both agreed to not call the police and sort it out ourselves.

i rang my mechanic freind and told him what had happend just to let him know and said that i would sort it .after fixing the cav and giving her a full clean

4 days later i have no phone call , but he recevied a letter regarding what had happened from her solicitor. he then spoke to me saying that can ido it through my insurance , so i rang adrian flux and explanied what had happend and they said its got nothing to do with my insurance.

once i relayed this to my mate and also offered to pay for the excess , he then said he is not happy and this will effect his premium .and hung up

i then said i would speak to the woman i hit and see if she will do this out of insurance , but she is now claiming for her neck (sub 2mph)

the point being my car has been up there for 4 months and its not fixed still , he has been nice enough to lend me a car but now i know this will have a big effect on finishing my car for PVS .

any one know who could sort o running problem out on my Let as i cant find the problem .

i must admit im thinking of throwing the towel in and giving up <<< all this going on while i move into my first bought house , very stressfull times:roll:

Stuart
04-03-08, 10:36 AM
he supplied the curtosey car, he pays the insurance for that requirement, his insurance pays out, job done.....

if he then stops working your car as an act of prtty gayness then you take the car away from him, dont pay a penny as hes taken the piss and go elsewhere.

BEN187NOVA
04-03-08, 10:59 AM
can you recomend any where , cos i think im going to get my car out . i dont ming traveling i just need it running right but i dont want it to go anywhere where it will get abused.

any sugestions

Jack
04-03-08, 11:50 AM
Check his insurance on the car, and if the car is covered to be a courtesy car. Did you sign any paperwork for the cav?

Of the three courtesy cars I've had in my time, all three needed to be covered on my insurance (thankfully now though my insurance has a drive any car clause so I'll just nab Alex's car lol)

BEN187NOVA
04-03-08, 12:11 PM
yer i can drive any thing as well , but i did not sign a disclaimer or any thing so im not locked into any thing .

Stuart
04-03-08, 12:16 PM
what wrong with your car... its a nova, nothing is wrong with it that stevie wonder cant fix ;)

BEN187NOVA
04-03-08, 12:21 PM
i was driving it home just after the let conversion had been done (only drivin it twice in nearly 2 years ) and went to boost up in 3rd nothing extreme and it went pop a bit then run on 3 cylinders and over fueling big time .

it will start and idle then it just get to much fuel and stalls iv checked the lamba sensor and crank and all the boost pipes and also changed the air flow meter 3 times (not cheap) .

im loosing my patience with my car for the first time in this bulid i didnt make it to PVS last year because i was building it then and nearly a year later and i might not make it again . its been taxed and moted since novenmber last year and iv only been out twice in it

Jack
04-03-08, 12:40 PM
yer i can drive any thing as well , but i did not sign a disclaimer or any thing so im not locked into any thing .
Ok. So assuming his cav has at least third party insurance for the garage mechanic, or whoever owns it now, you're covered by YOUR insurance. Adrian Flux should have told you that!

The only way you wouldn't be covered is if there's an engine size restriction or the 'drive any car' cover has a clause saying the cover doesn't extend to courtesy or hire cars. In which case the mechanic is your friend and you're just borrowing the car on a personal rather than business level ;)

BEN187NOVA
04-03-08, 12:46 PM
i would of liked a chance to explain to the woman that it was a courtesy car but he is a friend so it was like just borrwing it from a friend, but i was wearing a cap and driving a cav so she had made her mind up about me already.

im covered he is covered but he is worried about his premium going up i think thats his major issue .

im moving house in 3 weeks cant be ****d with all this

Stuart
04-03-08, 12:49 PM
sounds like hes not actually insured the car............

Matt2107
04-03-08, 01:01 PM
sounds like hes not actually insured the car............

Exactly what I thought.

If so I'm guessing the responsibility lies with the driver.

BEN187NOVA
04-03-08, 01:18 PM
he is insured as he is a very respected guy and has been about for ever but he used to do tuned cars and now just does all the normal **** instead of purley doing the tuned cars . im insured if he is not so either way there will be cover .

if not im leaving for iraq with my nova

craig green
04-03-08, 01:25 PM
Seeing as she has developed a fetish for claiming for the damage to her neck & MINI. I'd say you need to find cover from somewhere.

It happens to all of us art some stage. I've never had any incidents in 9 years of driving until I smacked my Nova up the rear end of a Rover & shunted tat into a Rover in front of that again.

Heartbreaking as it was, my clean slate of no claims bonus was no more.... fact of life. Swallow it, get your LET out of there & thank him for nothing!

BEN187NOVA
04-03-08, 01:29 PM
yer i havent had a stack in 7 years , i think my no cliams are protected but im not trying to get out of this i want to take this one as it was my fault but the way the insurance works they are going after him .

craig do you know any really good mechanics who know their way round a let . its so frustrating tha all i need to do is put my new seats in and its done bloody cars will be the death of me...

.especialy if i hit a wall at 130mph

Nick
04-03-08, 01:53 PM
Any Decent mechanic will beable to sort it out.

It's a LET not a tardis.

craig green
04-03-08, 02:03 PM
Not really. It doesnt make a bad mechanic of anyone that cant sort it, you just dont want someone learning on your car & costing you hours of labour & unnecessary parts.

Its probably a bad earth, or poor connection in the loom etc.

Sadly its impossible to diagnose from my desk at work.

MIGweb is probably the best place to ask IMO (or Vauxsport). You will need to help with descriptions, pics & possibly video footage of the fault. Like I say its hard to guess.

Highly likely its a fault thats been encountered before though.

Jack
04-03-08, 02:49 PM
he is insured as he is a very respected guy
In which case, contact the solicitor and pass on your insurance details (company and policy number) and ask him to forward those to his client. Her insurance company will then claim on your insurance from Flux. You may need to fill in a form or two, but thats about as far as your interaction will go with regards to the insurance side of things :)

BEN187NOVA
04-03-08, 02:51 PM
thats great i will ask about on Mig and Vauxsport . cheers for your help no one has said look at the earth and loom connections i will give it a go .

also it would help me if i had the diagnosis plug on the loom at least i would of been able to have a look what codes it was throwing up .

cheers for your help guys .

it will run again ............