PDA

View Full Version : Coutesey interior light

GTE TURBZ
04-03-08, 09:25 AM
Is it possible to wiring in a coursey interior light (with the delay) like you see on the later/ higher spec vauhalls? if so how?:)

meritlover
04-03-08, 10:13 AM
you can buy kits to retro-fit to std lights. its basically a large capacitor. try ebay or Maplins etc...

or go to a scrappy and rip it out of a corsa C or something

Jack
04-03-08, 12:13 PM
Clicky (http://www.quasarelectronics.com/1115.htm)

?8.95 assembled, ?6.47 for 5 or more. Hmm, I quite fancy buying a few for a group buy...

Iain
04-03-08, 12:16 PM
Will it do that cool fade effect too?

andy_srt40
04-03-08, 01:02 PM
the capacitor shoudl make it fade mate

GTE TURBZ
04-03-08, 02:28 PM
Just spoke to vauxhalls, apparently the mk2 cavalier came with the couresy light, its still available at a cost of ?42, so if there are any mk2 cavaliers in scarppies near you, snap it up.

Doesn't that circuit look/dimensuins to big for the lamp port? defo a cheaper option

meritlover
04-03-08, 03:12 PM
Doesn't that circuit look/dimensuins to big for the lamp port? defo a cheaper option

it does not necessarily have to go in the lamp orifice. you could install it by the fuse box and splice into the wiring going up the a post to the light.

GTE TURBZ
04-03-08, 04:51 PM
it does not necessarily have to go in the lamp orifice. you could install it by the fuse box and splice into the wiring going up the a post to the light.[/quote]

that seems abit technicallol , plus i dont really want to cut any wires near the fuse box, if its really easy and someones done it then i would like to know, but ideally i would like to connect it from the interior light nice and simple.

meritlover
04-03-08, 05:50 PM
well its the same thing except your cutting the wires in a different location. i simply suggested that near the fuse box would be a helpfull place for the dimmer to live.
im sure you will be ablt to tuck it up into the headlining if you are that concerned.

Clean 2.0 nova
04-03-08, 07:38 PM
you can buy kits to retro-fit to std lights. its basically a large capacitor. try ebay or Maplins etc...

or go to a scrappy and rip it out of a corsa C or something

Its not a capacitor that stores the power for the bulb, however a capacitor maybe used for the timing circuit. You would need a capacitor the size of your boot to supply a 12W bulb for say 10 seconds.:eek: You could make a simple circuit from an op-amp, capacitor, three resistors and a relay if you can be bothered. For me I used a function on the alarm to do this for me. Yes thats cheating. :D