PDA

View Full Version : anybody interested in an sr shell?

ste porter
04-03-08, 12:19 AM
brought the red sri converted nova that was for sale on here last week for the missus but the engine has been playing up from the moment we brought it but we asumed it was just the icv playing up

after further investigation we discovered the wiring looms been choped and bodged the speed sensor and all trace of the wires for it in the loom have been hacked up and missing what we thought was a blow in the exhaust manifold joint turned out to be a rotton 4 branch that looks like swiss cheese
ect ect basicly if it envolves the engine its been bodged

so the easiest way around this seems to be rip the lot out and start again with an engine we know to be good so the other half persuaded me to rip the 1.4sr lump out of my sr that i brought with the intention of using as a day to day car when mine finaly goes for paint ect and gets to the point where its to much of a track car to use daily comftably

so it will stand as follows at the end of the week

H reg 1.4 sr shell in black
very good condition underneath no rot or rust at the worst some oranging thats it
rear arches are scabing
bodie has the od mark scratch car park dink
no engine box exhaust
everything else will be there interiour ect
near standard
would make a perfect track/fast road car
no tax or test log book is present and in my name

as stated i was gonna give it a good mop and polish stick it through a test and see what it needed tart it up and put a set of wheels on it and use it as a daily drive it realy is a good shell but it would want a little time spent cleaning and tarting it up to make it look tidy nothing an after noon on it wouldnt sort out

i payed 400 for it all running as the shell is solid and it was a good runner so im looking for offers around 200 quid will need to be collected from spalding linclonshire if i dont get a reasnable offer for it im gonna keep it in the workshop and do something with it when i have abit of time and cash spare

would also consider swopping for nova parts of a simmilar value of what im asking try me cheers steve

Wil_Waterfield
04-03-08, 12:48 PM
hi mate any pictures? i might be interested

lynhok
05-03-08, 04:57 PM
yeah if you can get some pictures up please sounds good

Wil_Waterfield
09-03-08, 05:29 PM
pics?

ste porter
09-03-08, 07:59 PM
sold sorry lads