PDA

View Full Version : Crashed the nova :(

NovaLad
03-03-08, 11:43 PM
Been snowing all night and i hadn't been out because was baby sitting at my mums house. So i leaves hers and goes to sainsburys car park to meet some mates which wasn't even there.

As i go to leave the car park i see my mate in his corsa follow him back on pull up and needed to reverse to get parked up near him.

So i goes to reverse, baring in mind it was at the end of the carpark where you wouldn't expect a concrete square block with a lampost in the middle to be and i reversed straight into the c*nt. (As said had only just left mums house and the car was full of snow still)

So i gets out thinking i had just damaged my bumper and light but knowing my luck it wasn't that, It was infact my bumper with a hole and loads of scrapage.

So i gets back in my car starts to drive and notice that the car is wobbling, Get back out again have a closer inspection to find my rear passenger side wheel was bent and cracked repaired arches where there was filler (FF***CCCCKKK).

So it now looks like i have bent the rear axel but won't know till closer inspection.

I am sooo peed off that i wasn't even f*cking about and something like this happens. Oh and the only reason it went into the lampost was because when i reversed and braked it slid on black ice :(

I'm sooo stuck with what to do :( It's gunna cost me a bomb to repair :(

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01822.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01821.jpg

SRimon
03-03-08, 11:45 PM
Yep thats a ****ed rear beam/mount/shock/bumper

Good luck

Adam
03-03-08, 11:46 PM
I was expecting worse pics tbh. Get it jacked up and see whats bent.

Iain
03-03-08, 11:48 PM
Handbrake turns in Sainsburys carpark. :thumb:

NovaLad
It is bad it's just really dark on pics.

I hated every moment of having to drive it home hearing the wheel scraping the arch :(

Steve
Bloody hell that bent easily!?

Gutted for you mate, but at least it wasnt serious and it wont be that hard to repair, I wrote off my sr in the wet 2 years back and I still miss it! :cry:

Just be extra careful next time.:thumb:

Those were the days, we used to go up toys r us car park in the snow, huge car park and we used to yank the handbrake at about 35mph and just drift for ages!! lol

NovaLad
03-03-08, 11:49 PM

I seriously wasn't i had just come from my mums seen my mate turned around reversed and it happend i had been out 15 mins if that.

NovaLad
03-03-08, 11:50 PM
Bloody hell that bent easily!?

Gutted for you mate, but at least it wasnt serious and it wont be that hard to repair, I wrote off my sr in the wet 2 years back and I still miss it! :cry:

Just be extra careful next time.:thumb:

Yep it did and i was 2 metres from the concrete when i hit it so i must have reversed quick or something aswell.

It's gunna take the piss this as now basicly the compo money i'm getting from a crash i was in is going to have to go on this....

I mean it was going to go on the car anyway because i was going to get new arches and doors but now it's going to have to go on the mechanical side :(

Nobby
03-03-08, 11:51 PM
I seriously wasn't i had just come from my mums seen my mate turned around reversed and it happend i had been out 15 mins if that.:roll: lol the young lad next door to our place did the same in his micra lol

NovaLad
03-03-08, 11:52 PM
:roll: lol

Don't piss me off because i aint in the mood just because i'm 17 and have a nova and crashed on a car park doesn't mean i was messing about because i wasn't!

I try to take care of my car and all my money goes into it.

Lynsey
03-03-08, 11:56 PM
Shame about that but at least it's fixable, and won't be too expensive either.

NovaLad
03-03-08, 11:59 PM
My dad thinks i'm doing it all myself once i get the parts, he can bog off i will fook it up.

adam c
04-03-08, 12:17 AM
i really am gutted for you.but like what has been said before it wont be that much to repair.just get a new rear beam(put polybushes in it while its out:D ) and take it from there.

peester
04-03-08, 12:20 AM
:(

peester
04-03-08, 12:20 AM
:(

NovaLad
04-03-08, 12:25 AM
i really am gutted for you.but like what has been said before it wont be that much to repair.just get a new rear beam(put polybushes in it while its out:D ) and take it from there.
Sorry to sound thick but i really am when it comes to cars.

What do polybushes do? Do they improve something? lol

My dad has told me to jack it up tomorrow leave it on axel stands and take off the wheel for him to take a look at it tomorrow after work.

He now is saying i have only bent the end of the axel where my wheel is so if that can be replaced on novas then we can do that?

Is that possible ??

burgo
04-03-08, 12:31 AM
Don't piss me off because i aint in the mood just because i'm 17 and have a nova and crashed on a car park doesn't mean i was messing about because i wasn't!

I try to take care of my car and all my money goes into it.

im sorry novalad but what do you expect. from the pics you were obviously going quite quick to bend it that fast and if you were going quick, backwards and in the snow then things like this happen. just hope you havnt screwed the beam mount

NovaLad
04-03-08, 12:33 AM
I'm not denying i was reversing quick in the 2 metres i was from the concrete what i am saying is i wasn't messing about that is all.

Shaun_O'Donnell
04-03-08, 06:55 AM
Sorry to hear about this mate. Could your rear beam be starting to rot? seems excessive damage for a low speed bump.

A few years ago I was very handbrake happy and on my way to work at about 5am in the Autumn, nipped it up at a junction going too hard and the rear went straight into the kirb. This bent the top of the wheel outwards, the wheel was fine, but the stub axle and the beam were both bent. The top of the wheel only moved about 3/4 of an inch and it was at quite a speed, which makes me ask if your beam is starting to rot.

I just sourced a new beam, fitted it and calmed down a bit.

It'll look worse than it is.

Jack
04-03-08, 08:21 AM
Whoops. I'm guessing the post scraped down the side of the car and pushed the wheel. Should be straightforward to repair though, but would be enough to write the car off in terms of insurance.

You can see why young people have high insurance premiums though.

Riggy
04-03-08, 09:47 AM
as said on phone last night mate , go to scrappers get a new beam only looking ?30 tops and maybee a couple of new shocks ?10 each and you will be laughing

ANDYRACER
04-03-08, 09:53 AM
New rear beam and ?10 worth of halfords spray paint and ull be reet. :thumb:

meritlover
04-03-08, 10:16 AM
oh dear, you will have to learn to love your nova after this excapade. i hope you have not bent/violated the rear chassis legs!!!!!!!! OH NO!!!!:( SADNESS!!!

NovaLad
04-03-08, 11:07 AM
Whoops. I'm guessing the post scraped down the side of the car and pushed the wheel. Should be straightforward to repair though, but would be enough to write the car off in terms of insurance.

You can see why young people have high insurance premiums though.

Aye it pushed it from the rear of the wheel forward and outwards about 3 - 4 inch. I hope it is just the sub axel. going to get ready in a min and check it.

NovaLad
04-03-08, 11:08 AM
i hope you have not bent/violated the rear chassis legs!!!!!!!! OH NO!!!!:( SADNESS!!!

Shhh let's not speak of something like that! lol

If i have it will obviously be scrapped.

coochiSR
04-03-08, 11:19 AM
I've got a spare beam and rear polybushes mate, just a bit far away........

It happen's to us all, i've been there and done it but moping around won't solve anything. Just get up and sort it out. Atleast you've got money coing to fix it with rather than borrowing or seling something. :D Good luck, if you need the beam, try and sort out a courier and you can have it mate, no use to me anymore.

Jack
04-03-08, 12:04 PM
And if you do need a pair of rear dampers, I think I've got some standard ones you can have. Cover postage and they're yours.

Welsh Dan
04-03-08, 12:11 PM
Fair enough you say you "werent mucking about", but to do that damage in low grip and low visibility conditions you obviously weren't taking enough care.

Hopefully you've learned now :).

Its less hassle to replace the entire rear beam than it is to replace a single stub axle lol, you just have to undo 4 bolts, the handbrake cable and the brake lines and it'll come off. The brake lines will be the tricky bit, if they're easy to undo then you could be done in under 2 hours.

Stuart
04-03-08, 12:24 PM
tut tut not removing ALL the show from the windows ;)

was it your first jolly out in snow?

In my first outing in snow I nearly wound up in a ditch as the car started pretending it was in some ballet lol. bruised ego is all that was damaged :)

NovaLad
04-03-08, 12:50 PM
tut tut not removing ALL the show from the windows ;)

was it your first jolly out in snow?

In my first outing in snow I nearly wound up in a ditch as the car started pretending it was in some ballet lol. bruised ego is all that was damaged :)

No my 1st night out in snow was when i got them pics of it in the snow a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't anything like the handling on ice.

If i knew their was ice i wouldn't have botherd reversing because i know how easy it is to slide.

bruised ego is all that was damaged
lol broken heart in my case haha!!!

NovaLad
04-03-08, 12:51 PM
Oh and here are some pics... lol

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01825.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01826.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01827.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01828.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01829.jpg

staggy_gsi
04-03-08, 12:59 PM
its hard to spot the damage from them pics really. wont cost a lot to put right though.

when i was 17 i decided i was selling my corsa, shook hands with the lad who was buying it and everything. went to pull out of the car park in the slushy crappy snow and stuffed it into a wall right in front of him!!

its all part of the learning curve. i wasnt mucking around either, just inexperienced. could have been worse mate.

dave.gsi
04-03-08, 03:36 PM
Snow = Loads of tokyo slide lol

^ written on the 02/02/08 (the last time it snowed).....when you went out with your mates to a carpark for a 'drifting session'.

now, same sort of scenario.................its snowing again, you're off out to meet all your mates in the local car park, you crash your car so hard it bends the rear axle and your trying to tell me you weren't pissing around?

sorry mate, smells like bullsh!t to me :wtf:

Dave.
04-03-08, 03:45 PM
needs:

new axle
new shock absorber
new bumper
the arch doing again

not alot tbh bud.. i can get you all that for about ?60 quid :thumb: let me know dude, can arrange to get them if you want :thumb:

Nick
04-03-08, 04:05 PM
least you get another shot at doing the arch properly this time ?

Every cloud has a silver lining ! May as well have a tidy up around the rear end if it's jacked up. Bit of Krust,underseal e.t.c Spring seats look pretty clean !

It'l look better than it did before !

Ste L
04-03-08, 04:08 PM
^ written on the 02/02/08 (the last time it snowed).....when you went out with your mates to a carpark for a 'drifting session'.

now, same sort of scenario.................its snowing again, you're off out to meet all your mates in the local car park, you crash your car so hard it bends the rear axle and your trying to tell me you weren't pissing around?

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/CON1210.jpg

burgo
04-03-08, 04:12 PM
fcuk a duck youve actually bent the beam. you can see the kink on the bottom of the beam in the pics!!!! you hit that proper hard

NovaLad
04-03-08, 04:13 PM

That was when it was coverd in snow everywhere, couple of inches that night.

This time by the time i had come out of my mums my car was still coverd because it hadn't been moved all night but the roads where fine.

I got onto the carpark notice 1 or 2 ice patches but failed to know there was 1 behind me when reversing.

End of.

NovaLad
04-03-08, 04:14 PM
fcuk a duck youve actually bent the beam. you can see the kink on the bottom of the beam in the pics!!!! you hit that proper hard

Point out the kink because it is prob just rust.

Nick
04-03-08, 04:27 PM
Jeez.

Everyones got their assumptions/opinions. I've got mine.... but i don't really feel the need to express them !

Adam
04-03-08, 04:30 PM
Does it really matter how it happened.
Im sure everyone on here has drove like a t*t at some point(especially when mates are involved)
Im not saying thats what happened NovaLad...... But i can see why people have said that.

Anyway, wip the axle etc off. And see just exactly whats f**ked

NovaLad
04-03-08, 04:31 PM
Just waiting for my dad to give his usual look at the damage then wait for his usual go ahead lol!

Then will get onto it.

burgo
04-03-08, 04:33 PM
novalad its hard to explain where im looking but take this pic for instance

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01827.jpg

if you look at the bottom of the beam below where the spring is you will see that the beam is nice and straight along the bottom edge. the other side, ther side you hit is like a banana lol

NovaLad
04-03-08, 04:35 PM
Ahh i see.

Let me just go and have a look at that a sec... brb lol

NovaLad
04-03-08, 04:40 PM
You mean here.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01830.jpg

burgo
04-03-08, 04:47 PM
yes i think you would probably see more of a kink on the other side tho. only guessing mind

lee02
04-03-08, 05:08 PM
if you need a rear beam mate i got one here

meritlover
04-03-08, 05:52 PM
ive seen axles in FAR worse conditions and there has been little or no damage to the chassis. the fact that the axle and the shock absorbers are bushed with rubber, theres actually a lot of room to give before it bends a structural member!!

Jack
04-03-08, 06:11 PM
theres actually a lot of room to give before it bends a structural member!!
There's lots of bendy members on here.

Nobby
04-03-08, 08:00 PM
so is it fixed mate?? my first time out in the snow - was reving the tits off my old 1.0 and wheel spinning (well 1 wheels spinning) sounded like 2 anyway lmao touched the brakes "oh **** nothing there" bounce!! of the kirb i go!! only bent a steelie was chuffed really oh the old nova days!!

ian.sutton
04-03-08, 08:07 PM
Good luck with the rebuild mate, probably not as bad as you think.

twistysnovagte
04-03-08, 08:17 PM
iive had one or two scary moments m8, and them who say theyve not are full of sh1t, you got a garage which is a bounus, so get it sorted;)

NovaLad
04-03-08, 08:25 PM
Went out to car tonight with dad jacked it up properly with wood supporting it across the underside of the car.

Removed the springs and sprayed some stuff on the brake pipe joints to try and loosen them off for tomorrow.

Both wheels are off and going to hopefully order myself a axel either tonight or tomorrow.

ade
04-03-08, 10:08 PM
thats a biatch is that!

Got stuck in some nasty icy conditions up by me today - driving to work and decided to go the "back way" (basically country roads) thinking Id dodge a massive traffic jam with roadworks I got stuck in yesterday. JESUS the roads were like driving on ice - not been that scared in ages - slightest touch of the steering wheel and you could feel the whole car slide!

Still beat the bloke in front of me though in the jam - as my train pulled away saw him run on to the platform!

GET IT UP YA!

lol

good luck sorting it out matey! Keep the pics coming - be interested to see progress in sorting it oot...

Lee
04-03-08, 10:25 PM
Ice is probably the worst thing youll come accross driving. My worst experience was on the A34. Just trundling along at 70ish in my old sprinter on a cold morning, suddenly i saw the colour of the tarmac change in the tramlines left by lorries . Felt the van go a bit light so started to slow down, and then spotted a hefty crash up ahead that had obviously happened a few minutes earlier. I dabbed the brakes, and all 4 wheels locked up (this was a pre ABS beasty lol). My bottom clenched up and attempted to slow using the gears, but it was so slippery that when i did the rears locked up, so stuck it back in 5th, and then came back down the gears using a bit of heel and toe (which is nigh on impossible in a sprinter lol),

Managed to stop the van on the grass verge about 5 meters from the cars in front. Scary stuff.

Big_Chap
04-03-08, 10:47 PM
meh, 2nd hand axle and 4 bolts then an unpainted rear bumper, if the quarter is ok then its probably not even gonna cost ? 150

NovaLad
05-03-08, 01:31 AM
So far it's costing me 50 for the axle with the drums attached.
Dave said he can get me a cheap bumper if needed. so 10 quid or just over.
And if i need some shocks (standards) they won't cost much so TBH it shouldn't be to bad price wise

be interested to see progress in sorting it oot...
Maby i should make a **HOW TOO** change a axel on a nova thread when finished?? lloll

Jack
05-03-08, 08:18 AM
You may have trouble sourcing a rear axle for a Nova. If you do find one, it'll come from the US and have Chevrolet stamped on it.

You might have better luck looking for a rear beam instead.

[/pedant] :p

meritlover
05-03-08, 09:42 AM
Maby i should make a **HOW TOO** change a axel on a nova thread when finished?? lloll

what?
remove brake pipes, hand brake cables, shock absorbers, support axle with jack, remove 2 bolts, lower jack. refit in order of removal, bleed brakes,adjust handbrake.:thumb:

Matt2107
05-03-08, 01:11 PM
what?
remove brake pipes, hand brake cables, shock absorbers, support axle with jack, remove 2 bolts, lower jack. refit in order of removal, bleed brakes,adjust handbrake.:thumb:

Did you write the haynes manuals?

coochiSR
05-03-08, 02:18 PM
NovaLad, it's axle anyway :p

FPMSL Matt...........

Adam
05-03-08, 03:52 PM
what?
In theory yes.

You try remove rustied to f**k brake pipes ;) lol

Jack
05-03-08, 04:44 PM
I can't even remove my front brake pipes, and they're not rusted lol

Paul
05-03-08, 04:44 PM
christ ?50 for a beam, thats a lot!

Youve bent the stub axle i reckon.

As been said a beam is easy to change, but if i were you, i would have already soaked the brake unions in wd40, and be soaking them everynight from now on til when you change them :)

NovaLad
05-03-08, 04:49 PM
04 / 03 / 08

sprayed some stuff on the brake pipe joints to try and loosen them off for tomorrow.

05 / 03 / 08

if i were you, i would have already soaked the brake unions in wd40, and be soaking them everynight from now on til when you change them :)

Paul
05-03-08, 04:53 PM
Hope they snap :thumb:

BigStan
05-03-08, 07:27 PM
Hope they snap :thumb:

LOL

meritlover
06-03-08, 08:36 AM
In theory yes.

You try remove rustied to f**k brake pipes ;) lol

mole grips and a spanner, or cut the pipe and re-flare the end. this allows you to free it off in the vice with gentle heat.

i do not allow my brake pipe nuts to rust as i wrap them in denso tape ;)

JSeymour
06-03-08, 10:26 AM
id rather say a crashed in the snow pissing about then reversing into a lampost, just makes you out to be a turd driver like you probaly are.

JSeymour
06-03-08, 10:26 AM
id rather say a crashed in the snow pissing about then reversing into a lampost, just makes you out to be a turd driver like you probaly are.

Nick
06-03-08, 01:53 PM

What the **** is the point in saying that !?

LUV2XLR8
06-03-08, 03:30 PM
dont worry, my rear wheel bearing collapsed taking out my brakes at the same time, i was 60 miles away from home in the middle of the night in the famous llandewi brefi from little britan lol
took me 5 hours to get home, got in at 7am, wheel was all over the shop all the way

dave.gsi
06-03-08, 05:23 PM
mole grips and a spanner, or cut the pipe and re-flare the end. this allows you to free it off in the vice with gentle heat.

i do not allow my brake pipe nuts to rust as i wrap them in denso tape ;)

you seem to have lost your comedy 'pakistani/borat' style of typing. i much prefer it when your talking about badgers and the heart of lions, cheers me up no end lol

Steve
06-03-08, 05:25 PM
What the **** is the point in saying that !?
God knows mate, theres lots of angry little people on this site.lol

A bit cliche but if you cant say anything nice, why bother saying anything at all??

Steve
06-03-08, 05:27 PM
you seem to have lost your comedy 'pakistani/borat' style of typing. i much prefer it when your talking about badgers and the heart of lions, cheers me up no end lol
2nd that, quality lol lol

Nick
06-03-08, 11:45 PM
God knows mate, theres lots of angry little people on this site.lol

Change angry... to the word retarded . And that's probably closer !

NovaLad
06-03-08, 11:47 PM
LOL /\

Had a talk with my dad tonight and thinking of wagging college tomorrow to do some work on the car as i'm only going to be in for 3 hours anyway.

remove bumper
remove brake shoes
etc..

Not had a look at it yet but how do i remove the rear bumper?

ade
07-03-08, 12:01 AM
easy - pop the number plate light (be careful not to break the clip or it'll never sit back in!)

2 bolts on the inside of the arch (right at the top edge by the corner of the bumper ends and theyre fiddley buggers (10mm I think)

2 bolts (1/2") inside the boot edge

then just pull - watch the wiring for the plate light. The bumpers on 2 plastic edge mounting brackets that the 10mm bolts screw into.

Refit is reversal of removal - to quote haynes...

NovaLad
07-03-08, 12:05 AM
The light on the boot? or is their another light your talking about?

ade
07-03-08, 12:09 AM
your number plate light? if its a mk2 (sure mk1 has it too) the little bubble in the middle - needs to be disconected...unless youve removed it before...

NovaLad
07-03-08, 12:09 AM
Oh yeah forgot it's on the bumper thought it was on the boot above the plate not below.

Cheers.

NovaLad
12-03-08, 02:17 PM
How it is standing atm...

Old axel dropped and stripped.

Then new axel arrived today :)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01859.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01860.jpg

burgo
12-03-08, 02:53 PM
bolt it in then. only takes 10mins

NovaLad
12-03-08, 02:58 PM
Got some other stuff to sort yet plus my dad (who is helping me fit it) isn't feeling to good today so isn't starting it today.

Still need to get:-

Handbrake cable
Brake shoes
Brake fluid
Hammerite
BumperEtc...

burgo
12-03-08, 03:20 PM
why do you need help fitting the beam?? its four bolts!!!

NovaLad
12-03-08, 03:21 PM
True but gotta re-do the brake lines and not got a clue what i am doing lol.

EDIT:- and yes the weight.

Mike
12-03-08, 03:22 PM
why do you need help fitting the beam?? its four bolts!!!

I think he means the physical weight of it Luke

burgo
12-03-08, 03:24 PM
ahhh is novalad abit of a faggot then?? seriously use your noggin. you put the beam on a jack and use the jack to supprt the weight

NovaLad
12-03-08, 03:25 PM
Yup.. I'm a sh1t guy lol
Not sure wether to rub down the axel and paint it in black hammerite what do yas think?

burgo
12-03-08, 03:26 PM
if your using hammerite then dont waste your time rubbing it down. just give it a quick de-grease and jobs goodun

Jack
12-03-08, 04:50 PM
Not sure wether to rub down the axel
You want to rub Axel? Are you gay? :wtf:

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/4001/4001.jpg

lol

Whilst you've got the rear BEAM there, get yourself over to rally design and order a pair of poly bushes to put in it. Won't cost much at all, and should tighten the back up a touch :thumb:

Iain
12-03-08, 04:53 PM
Isn't postage on any RallyDesign order ?8? If so that makes it an expensive pair of bushes lol

Might as well paint the rear axle while you're there, makes it look a bit nicer.

Jack
12-03-08, 05:04 PM
Isn't postage on any RallyDesign order ?8? If so that makes it an expensive pair of bushes lol
All the more reason to get a full set then ;)

And some braided brake lines. And any other tasty bits you fancy :D

NovaLad
12-03-08, 05:32 PM
You mean the brake pipes where the fluid goes through RJ?

Was talking to my dad earlier about fitting some poly bushes aswell.

I think he likes the idea.

EDIT:- Can someone link me to the braided brake lines i will need for my car as i couldn't find the ones on rallydesign. thanks

Iain
12-03-08, 05:59 PM
They're on RallyDesign, Goodridge braided brake hoses. They replace the rubber flexi pipe with shiny looking ones.

Jack
12-03-08, 07:05 PM
Yup, iirc they only do two sets, either one will do.

NovaLad
12-03-08, 08:28 PM
Had a little mince with the new axel tonight.

Stripped down the drums.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01862.jpg

Then got rid of the old bushes. (pain in aye double ess!)
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01865.jpg

And lastly got rid of the rear bumper!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01864.jpg

NovaLad
12-03-08, 08:29 PM
Tomorrow i will be going collecting any bits i need to finish the car off.

The only thing i am having trouble getting without having to go to bury scrappies is a rear bumper lol.

Riggy
12-03-08, 08:33 PM
if you want a lift to bury scrapers ill come over with you if you want

NovaLad
12-03-08, 08:37 PM
When was ya thinking of going? My mate has offerd aswell lol.

How much do they charge for a mk2 rear bumper?

bangerbrian
12-03-08, 09:23 PM
At mine, about a tenner :)

NovaLad
13-03-08, 06:11 PM
Update:-

Nice clean rear haha!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01866.jpg

Axel in process of being rubbed down etc.. and drums too.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01867.jpg

Nearly all painted just needs touch ups etc..

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01868.jpg

Jack
13-03-08, 06:38 PM
When did you pick up the dent in the tailgate?

Iain
13-03-08, 06:42 PM
Another accident when doing handbrake turns in Sainsburys carpark.

...He said he's had it since he bought the car. :thumb: I noticed it too when I met up with him at the bad ass cruise.

Jack
13-03-08, 06:49 PM
Ahh, haven't noticed it before.

NovaLad
13-03-08, 07:06 PM
You havn't noticed it before seriously?

Look back at my wip thread at the 1st few pics from when i got it and you can see it on them lol

80 quid to sort out :(

Welsh Dan
13-03-08, 07:29 PM
Use the compressed air and hairdryer method. Failing that try a peice of wood and a hammer.

Nevo
15-03-08, 12:14 PM
unlucky mate ... a wonder if anyone has ever made a rear wheels stearing nova .... If they ant there's ya first

NovaLad
15-03-08, 12:51 PM
Went Bury scrappies today with me mate Matt looking for a rear bumper and if their was a nice front 1 i would gte that too as mine isn't soo good :(

Gets there and their is a very nice rear and a very nice front off a 5 door so i am hoping they are the same fit for my 3 door :D

I was about to go when i decided to look in the car for a hazard switch when i came across the grille that wasn't fitted to the car. I looked at it took a another look then checked the Vin plate to find out it's the same colour as mine exactly :D

So i am now a owner of another grille, rear bumper & front :D

Good days work i say, now off to the garage to work on some more of the car!

Pics*

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01885.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01886.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01887.jpg

and the 5 door!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01883.jpg

Martin
15-03-08, 12:59 PM
noice work mate., theres a tidy lookin blue hatch in the back ground

NovaLad
15-03-08, 01:01 PM
It had been completely stripped apart from 1 seat.

Atleast the 5 door still had speakers/dash/bumpers/2 wheels lol.

The blue 1 had a grille that was about it. Maby i should have bought it.

NovaLad
15-03-08, 04:48 PM
Just ordered some new poly bushes from www.rallydesign.co.uk hopefully will arrive monday/tuesday then the real fun starts lol

Not!

Adam
15-03-08, 05:10 PM
80 quid to sort out :(
Or get the one off that 5dr in the scrappy lol :thumb:

How much did that lot set you back?

NovaLad
15-03-08, 05:13 PM
The bumpers and grille?

?25 :p

Adam
15-03-08, 08:33 PM
Good price

NovaLad
16-03-08, 05:13 PM
New shoes!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01893.jpg

1 drum been painted up.
Brake shoes are now in.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01892.jpg

And me last night in my mates landy lol! (yes it is a mask)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01891.jpg

Just got to wait on the poly bushes to arrive now!

Jack
16-03-08, 05:36 PM
POWER DRUMS lol

NovaLad
16-03-08, 05:38 PM
The red makes them brake harder!

belly257
16-03-08, 06:08 PM
ive bent an axle before on a nova, there weak as p*ss, just fitted a disc brake one with poly bushes after that though and a redtop after that for good measure:thumb:

RJM25R
16-03-08, 08:51 PM
Pimhole road in bury by any chance???????????????

I've spent some time in there over the years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NovaLad
17-03-08, 04:06 PM
Aye! /\

Very good scrappies.
The guy wasn't a n0b either like some scrappies.

NovaLad
18-03-08, 10:58 AM
These babies finally arrived today 1 min ago!!!

Can get the car driveable now only things left to fix now are cosmetics!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01900.jpg

NovaLad
18-03-08, 03:31 PM
Got UBER bored so went out and fitted them lol

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01901.jpg

Iain
18-03-08, 03:32 PM
You're going to be the envy of Oldham with your yellow bushes.

NovaLad
18-03-08, 03:36 PM
Yes sir!

Everyone will want to touch and look at my bushes.

Nick
18-03-08, 03:37 PM
I'd love to touch your bushes.

NovaLad
18-03-08, 03:44 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/PITY.jpg

Iain
18-03-08, 03:45 PM
Lmfao.

Adam
18-03-08, 03:48 PM
I'd love to touch your bush.

lol

NovaLad
18-03-08, 03:54 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/roflmfao.jpg

NovaLad
18-03-08, 09:33 PM
Update***

Went out tonight and fitted the axel.

Main things left to do now is sort out the brakes etc..

Tomorrow will be painting my inner arches black aswell.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01905.jpg

Then all nuts/bolts & springs in.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01906.jpg

NovaLad
19-03-08, 05:51 PM
Small Update**

Got rid of all the dirt in the rear inner arches and painted it up in black.

Will be doing the fronts when car is out of garage!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01908.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01909.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01910.jpg

Jack
19-03-08, 05:56 PM
You painted the plastic strut cover? Pro :thumb:

NovaLad
19-03-08, 05:58 PM
Yup! ;) :thumb:

Geordie-Chris
19-03-08, 06:07 PM
Keep up the good work mate!

NovaLad
22-03-08, 02:45 AM
Oh lord!! Had the longest day ever.

Here is how it went.

Though starters i didn't go sleep last thursday night and instead stayed up watching films etc... so when it came to starting on the car friday i was fooked!!!

We only started out having to get the drum off and sort the handbrake out but kept coming across more and more problems :(

The reason in the end that the drum wasn't coming off was because the brake cylinder was nakkered. So off i popped to BMS for 1 (The Last 1 they had in stock)

So gets back and carrys on with it and decide the brake lines where nakkered so we had to go get some brake piping so i had brakes.

The best bit was of the day is that everytime we needed something the places where open for a change when ya need um!

So now my car works etc.. been out in it from about 6 - 2am abouts lol
Got the nova bug again.

Hmm

Did someother stuff but cba putting it.

vaughanmc
22-03-08, 01:47 PM
Get a rear anti roll bar for it as well mate :)

jsw3644
22-03-08, 02:44 PM
I had a 1 litre nova when i was 17 and 2 weeks after passing my test did almost the exact same thing but to a pay and display machine. I had just put on a new petrol cap too, was gutted. smashed the rear offside win in. loved that car. (turquoise 1 litre nova spin)

Dave.
24-03-08, 06:09 PM
just gotta fix the filelr thats come out the arch then now? and a bumper?

NovaLad
25-03-08, 12:52 AM
Decided i'm not bothering with the rusted arches and cracked arch for atleast a good few week or month or so until the weather picks up.

It just aint worth it otherwise.

boyle_46
25-03-08, 01:47 PM
pu$$y get it done nows the better time whilst its in the garage and you have access to get rite up into the arch .

NovaLad
25-03-08, 01:52 PM
The car is back on the road which means it's no longer jacked up.

The arches i can sort anytime.

I'm not sortin them now because i know they will be rusted again in 2 month so going to wait a lil bit.