PDA

View Full Version : Seats

Jcb
03-03-08, 09:29 PM
Do the standard Nova subframes allow bucket seats to be fitted? Or do you need subframes to match the seats?

Secondly, what's involved with removing all trace of the rear bench completely?

Iain
03-03-08, 09:38 PM
I've heard of people bolting bucket seats to GTE/GSi subframes, but I don't think you can do it to poverty spec frames. Corbeau (and probably Cobra) make Nova-specific subframes which save the hassle but they're expensive (~?60 per seat!)

The rear backrest can be removed from the brackets as can the bottom cushion with a few screws. Do you want to remove just the seat or the brackets as well?

Jack
03-03-08, 09:59 PM
I've heard of people bolting bucket seats to GTE/GSi subframes, but I don't think you can do it to poverty spec frames.
Correctamundo, poverty spec seat subframes are built into the seat so won't come apart unless you chop the frames off.

Jcb
04-03-08, 07:50 AM
Ah bugger. Well I'll shelf the bucket seat idea for now then!

I was thinking of taking the entire back seats out and carpeting the floor so its like a flatbed. (Well, almost) Although the idea of this is to save weight, when i'm just going to replace that weight with putting a few more speakers in the back. Oh I don't know... I want a bigger engine :(

Jack
04-03-08, 08:26 AM
Just get some GTE/GSi subframes and make some brackets to suit the seat mounts.