PDA

View Full Version : 1991 nOVA 1.4SR TWIN 40 WEBERS MINT CONDITION

jamaz
03-03-08, 07:52 PM
Hi

My pride and joy is up for sale. Im reluctant to sell but house purchase is forcing me to part with it.

I purchased the car in 2000. It was striiped back to the shell to be restored. It had two new doors new wings and a bonnet. It was then repsrayed inside and out in the original colour, Breeze blue. This was a proffesional job costing ?1500.

All suspension components (axle. arms antirole bar etc) were all shot blasted and then resprayed in black.

When I put the car back together everything was replaced with new, New suspension bushes, (poweflex) new rear drums new back plates new wheel cylinders and shoes, bigger brakes were fitted to the front and calipers overhauled.
New fuel lines new brake pipes. I used about 20 litres of wax oil on the shell once it was complete
No expense was spared I reciets in excess of ?8000 I even replaced the interior with one from a newer vehicle.

Engine was completly rebuilt by myself i time served technician and set up on a rolling road where i worked at the time. The engine had new pistons, main and big end bearings, new sump, new oil pump, new camshaft new lifters and followers etc Last powerun was 110bhp
Ancillaries were also replaced radiator, starter motor, Alternator engine mountingsetc. I even overhauled the gearbox with new bearings.

Car

1991 H reg Vauxhall Nova 1.4sr (facelift)
Millage 40,000 since being restored

Engine 14nv
Block has 1mm overbore. Fully lighten and balanced crank/flywheel/clutch and puleys. Uprated bolts fitted to bottom end.
The head was done by Bill bydenstein with bigger inlet and exhaust valves fitted. Kent fast road camshaft with vernier pulley.
Twin 40 dcoe webers
Superchips Icon race unit to run igntion timing
Sportex 4 branch manifold and complete system.

Transimission
Close ratio 5 speed out of an earlt Nova GTE
Luk clutch

Suspension
40mm springs with Bilstein shocks
Powerflex bushes
Modified bottom arms

Brakes
Standard rear drums
EBC 236mm discs front
EBC Green stuff Pads
New standard master cylinder and servo

I Looking for ?2500 or nearest offer for the above vehicle if you would like to talk more about it or see more pictures please contact me through email jamaz@hotmail.co.uk

RYAN16V
04-03-08, 01:27 PM
hi mate pics to ryanpaul1983@hotmail.com

shaneyboi35
04-03-08, 02:59 PM
Pm Sent

novamaddavey
19-03-08, 01:27 PM
hi there did u yupgrade ur fuel system to i cum to a prob where i have a fuel pumpon my engine how wld i get a electric high pressur eto work

Jonz
17-05-08, 05:59 PM
Still 4 sale m8?

scoobyeater
17-05-08, 07:52 PM
sparticus.84@hotmail.com cheers