PDA

View Full Version : Nova Trip

Leeboo
02-03-08, 01:39 AM
Ok, car in question is a Nova 1.0 OHV.

It sometimes starts straight away, but often needs persuasion. E.g. throttle has to be held in for it to start etc. Obviously, I know that starting from cold will need choke etc, but it still happens. I know if the car is warm, it will fire up fine with throttle in, but starting from cold is a different story!

Would it be something stupid like leads? The car runs fine once started, no spluttering.

I welcome advice, because the car will be getting MOT'd soon and I don't want to be churning over in the MOT centre lol.

Thanks in advance!

burgo
02-03-08, 04:37 AM
sounds normal to me. it takes ages for my 1.2 to start if i dont give it abit of throttle then i have to rev it for about 10 seconds before it will idle properly. i just put it down to being old and on a carb

Shaun_O'Donnell
02-03-08, 07:01 AM
Sounds fine to me. The manual says full choke no accelerator when cold, accelerator half depressed when warm and fully depressed when hot.

Also make sure your airbox setting is correct for the outside temperatures.

Leeboo
02-03-08, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the input Burgo and Shaun!

I thought it might be normal... Shaun, this is the little red adjuster on the side of the airbox? Any tips on best setting?

meritlover
02-03-08, 05:46 PM
it sounds nice, but it may just me in need of a tune and a bit of carb cleaning.
please love your 1.0 OHV it is a very nice engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meritlover
02-03-08, 05:47 PM
this is the little red adjuster on the side of the airbox? Any tips on best setting?

this is for hot or cold air feedss the best settings are as follows:

Winter months = winter setting
Summer months = summer setting

enjoy!!!!