PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged V6

dan_cf40
01-03-08, 03:41 PM
Is It Possible To Fit A Corrado G60 Charger To My V6 With Standard Internals With An Intercooler. And What Would I Need Want To Do It Cheap As Possible. If Not What Charger Could I Use
Oh Yea Engines In A Nova So Space Is Tight.

Welsh Dan
01-03-08, 03:52 PM
You'd need to fab up a mount and find a suitable belt, with a tensioner system. The air/boost hosing side of things would depend on where you mounted the charger and intercooler.

In short, see if you'd be able to mount the charger anywhere that the pulley lines up with the aux belt on the engine, if it does then it'll be possible somehow, but if not then the likely answer is no.

The intercooler side of things is common with turbo builds so thats been covered all over this forum and migweb.

Adam
01-03-08, 03:56 PM
Just fit a remote turbo if space is tight

dan_cf40
01-03-08, 03:59 PM
dont really want to turbo it cos im plannin a tubular manifold and i already know for a cheap g60 charger
does anyone know what type of charger a g60 uses

meritlover
01-03-08, 04:19 PM
scroll type G-Ladder. its not + displacement so you will need to consider pulley sizes carefully.

burgo
01-03-08, 07:33 PM
i really think you will struggle to find space for a g60 charger. you are better off with a centrifugal type mounted on the inner wing

dan_cf40
02-03-08, 09:27 PM
What Type Is On A Corrado? What Car Can I Get A Centrifugal Charger Off?