PDA

View Full Version : moving to the enemy...

Asa-James
29-02-08, 10:35 PM
after a fruitless search for a nova, i've decided to look at other cars, and am in line to get a mk2 golf gti. i've been offered a mint shell for pennies, but havent got the time or space to build it up, so its bye-bye to nova's for now, but hopefully in about 12 months, i'll have saved some decent cash, sell the golf ad get myself a nice gte. oh well, i'll miss them nova's...

Jack
01-03-08, 07:01 PM
Stick with the golf!

http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/sofa_smilie.gif

staggy_gsi
01-03-08, 07:03 PM
you'll be back.........

Steve
01-03-08, 08:40 PM
Nothing wrong with vee dubs but it would have to be a mk1 golf for me. :D

Asa-James
01-03-08, 10:29 PM
i bought it today, absolutley mint and original, full vw service history, a golf nut mechanic mate of mine looked over it and gave it the all clear (worth its weight in gold apparenlty...) so i'm picking it up on sunday. expect an accident around monday time, going from a 1.3 jap barge to a 1.8 german idol may take some getting used to

walshc
01-03-08, 10:31 PM
Golfs arent bad :D

What is it? get some pics up :thumb:

Asa-James
01-03-08, 10:37 PM
mk2 5 door 8 valve in silver, i'll get some pics up tomorrow

walshc
01-03-08, 10:40 PM
Cool :cool:

What year? *hopes its early*

Asa-James
01-03-08, 10:43 PM
g '89, but small bumpers so its right on the crossover

Lee
01-03-08, 10:51 PM
Sweet :) Id have an 8v over the valver any day of the week. As its a crossbreed, does it have the Digifant or Kjet injection? (they fitted both that year iirc). Best way to tell at a glance is to look at the airbox, if its just a black box its Digi, if its got a load of pipes coming out of the top of it, its a KJet.

If its a KJet, Cam the living hell out of it pronto :) Its a mechanical injection system which will automatically load the right amount of fuel to the extra air it will suck. On a Digi you'll need a chip if you go for something a bit wilder as it will be running an electronic map as per modern systems. If you can get hold of a TSR head (preferably pack C) on ebay, grab that as well. I managed to squeeze about 180bhp out of my Jetta when I had it with a 1.9 block and some head / cam goodies:)

Have fun with repairs to the inlet / exhaust anyway, you'll see what i mean when you get under the bonnet lol lol.

Asa-James
01-03-08, 10:59 PM
its a digi, and the downpipes blowing already. but my mate owes me a few and seems to enjoy working on them (hes had valvers, drivers, ryders, g60's and ralley's) so i might let him do it...

Lee
01-03-08, 11:00 PM
its a digi, and the downpipes blowing already. but my mate owes me a few and seems to enjoy working on them (hes had valvers, drivers, ryders, g60's and ralley's) so i might let him do it...

I would, theyre an utter ballache, your guaranteed to lose most of the skin on your knuckles lol.

Alternators and water pumps are a doddle though lol

Asa-James
01-03-08, 11:02 PM
it shouildnt need much, the last owner spent over ?600 having the gearbox stripped and diff bearings replaced no so long ago. theres a wad of reciepts and old mot's, i cant wait to read thru them

Jack
01-03-08, 11:02 PM
Sweet :) Id have an 8v over the valver any day of the week. As its a crossbreed, does it have the Digifant or Kjet injection? (they fitted both that year iirc). Best way to tell at a glance is to look at the airbox, if its just a black box its Digi, if its got a load of pipes coming out of the top of it, its a KJet.

If its a KJet, Cam the living hell out of it pronto :) Its a mechanical injection system which will automatically load the right amount of fuel to the extra air it will suck. On a Digi you'll need a chip if you go for something a bit wilder as it will be running an electronic map as per modern systems. If you can get hold of a TSR head (preferably pack C) on ebay, grab that as well. I managed to squeeze about 180bhp out of my Jetta when I had it with a 1.9 block and some head / cam goodies:)

Have fun with repairs to the inlet / exhaust anyway, you'll see what i mean when you get under the bonnet lol lol.
Nerd.

Asa-James
01-03-08, 11:17 PM
Nerd.

lmfao!!!

so the man likes his golfs, is that a crime?