PDA

View Full Version : "Immaculate GSi" "?3000" Yeah ok......

SRimon
29-02-08, 08:37 PM
Went to look at the supposed Nova today...

S14A was correct the guy is a bit of a tool, very big headed as if he knew all there was to know about Nova's, where his 3k valuation came from i'll never know, but wasnt gonna sell for less...phoned him up however, first question, any rust? No none whatsover, so i said, no welding, no he replies....

I drove 250ish miles today, as I thought to myself, if its as clean as it looks, its gonna be not a lot over what i'd be prepared to pay.

So pulled up, looked very good (shiny lol), had a look down drivers side, door good, rear arch good, round the back, good, passenger rear arch, bubbling badly and the lip had distorted out of place and had swollen with rot badly. Passenger door, bubbles across the bottom.

Matey comes over, think ok, might still be worth trying to knock him down if tidy elsewhere...

Found this which my mate coyly took pictures of....

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/syep2001/DSC003482.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/syep2001/DSC00347.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/syep2001/DSC00346.jpg

Then went to the boot, hole above chassis rail, dissapointed I then proceeded to have a go at the bloke lol. I said "its not a 3k Nova mate" to his reply, i'll probably just keep it and put it up for ?4000 next year, to that I laughed and walked away.

Its worth ?1500-?2000 all day tbh, but not budging at ?3000 its very over priced.

Ernie
29-02-08, 08:44 PM
Would this be the black gsi in broad town?
If so you beet me to getting pic's of it as was going out over the weekend as only down the road from me and yes he is a big tool.
Sorry i didnt go look sooner but been on lates this week as would of saved you the trip up here.

SRimon
29-02-08, 08:47 PM
Yeah the one in broad town mate...

Go have a look and wind him up for me lol

Didnt cost me much tbh (i've got a 60MPG diesel lol), I had to go halfway there for something else and had the afternoon spare.

SRimon
29-02-08, 08:49 PM
http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=668494992

This one...

nov4801
29-02-08, 08:51 PM
after seeing them pics i would not offer anything over ?1500. and puttin it up for 4k nxt yr the guy is a spoon lol

SRimon
29-02-08, 08:52 PM
He had the cheek to say to me on the phone, after I said I was a bit of an enthusiast, oh it'll be better than any of the ones you've had. lol my non rusty 2.0 was mint lol

BIGS
29-02-08, 09:05 PM
Yes but remember he said he had all the mots ect so that got to be worth 1k in its self lol . Cant wait till next week when i call him and offer him 1.5k :D

Adam
29-02-08, 09:06 PM
LMAO lol

I knew straight away, at 52k miles, it wouldn't be concourse condition.

krobinson
29-02-08, 09:06 PM
What an idiot the seller must be, this really makes my blood boil as the likes of myself would travel alot further than most to view a car which is nothing like described. I hope no one buy's it.

Keith

SRimon
29-02-08, 09:14 PM
No one will at ?3000 Keith!

Ad garaged and 52k, it could have been, was defo worth ?25 or so in diesel for a looky, I coulda been lucky! As usual, I wasn't lmao

amggsi
29-02-08, 09:16 PM
From the picture of the car, it tells me it's not a 3k car. Just something simple like the missing GSi badge on the door tells me a story. Fair enough, it'll be difficult to get a Nova nowadays that hasn't seen a bit of paint at some stage in it's life, but the fact that someone wasn't bothered to spend a tenner on a decal says a lot!!!!

SRimon
29-02-08, 09:18 PM
From the picture of the car, it tells me it's not a 3k car. Just something simple like the missing GSi badge on the door tells me a story. Fair enough, it'll be difficult to get a Nova nowadays that hasn't seen a bit of paint at some stage in it's life, but the fact that someone wasn't bothered to spend a tenner on a decal says a lot!!!!

The decals were both there...

As well as an optional Coachwork line lol, weird. Never had bodywork from what I could see!

LONG~BAR
29-02-08, 09:23 PM
I'd never pay more then ?500 for any Nova.

amggsi
29-02-08, 09:25 PM
The decals were both there...

As well as an optional Coachwork line lol, weird. Never had bodywork from what I could see!

Oops, I can't see it in that picture though.lol

It'll probably end up here and they'll be looking 5k for it though!! You wouldn't believe some of the Novas that sell over here for 2k+++!!

dave.gsi
29-02-08, 10:21 PM
seriously, if it was mint you would have paid ?3000 for it? :eek:

jesus christ! more money than sense to be honest.

you can find mint, boggo spec novas for under a grand, then you'll have 2 grand left over to spend on it,......surely a better option?

SRimon
29-02-08, 10:28 PM

you can find mint, boggo spec novas for under a grand, then you'll have 2 grand left over to spend on it,......surely a better option?

Would never be a classic though....would never have GSi on the log book etc....

If it'd been perfect i'd have payed ?3k yeah...

Looking ever more likely like i'll do another build, looks for fun for a start lol

Mazz
29-02-08, 10:50 PM
Real shame dude :( But as you said, if didn't go look, it would have a mint!

Will F
29-02-08, 11:35 PM

:roll:
Dont start on this again please! There is another thread that somone bangs on about the price of novas blahhhh blaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

IT IS WORTH WHAT SOMEONE WANTS TO PAY FOR IT!

End of.

I would pay ?3k for a genuine mint Gsi. As would other ethusiasts SRimon has proved this and driven 200 miles to prove another point...

It makes my blood boil that this 'trader' tool has no idea and for some reason hasnt realised that a rotten chassis rail doesnt bode well with someone who is spending ?3k potntially! I think he got off lightly.. I would have got a screwdriver out and made the hole 6" longer!

lol

BIGS
29-02-08, 11:43 PM
:roll:
I would have got a screwdriver out and made the hole 6" longer!

lol

He didnt have a screwdriver but his finger did a good job of it :D lol

BIGS
29-02-08, 11:48 PM
I'd never pay more then ?500 for any Nova.

Why are you on here:confused:

?500 for a nova or any car is sod all. Would be considerd a run around for that price. Ive had 3 or 4 nova's around the ?500 mark for just a run about. A real ethusiast that are on this site would pay over ?1500 - ?5000 any day if its the one they really want!

Asa-James
29-02-08, 11:57 PM
ah, but some of us can only afford around ?500. besides, my saloon did me for two years, and i only paid ?50 for that

Adam
01-03-08, 12:01 AM
If you can only afford ?500, then you wouldn't be on the lookout for a concourse condition GSi,
For 3k, you would expect that.

BIGS
01-03-08, 12:04 AM
Im not saying that you cant get a good reliable nova cheep. Just if you want a really good one that you can enter shows with ect you have to pay the money. And if you cant afford more then ?300 - ?500 or what ever thats no problem i never said that, but to say you would never pay over ?500 for one is different. Correct me if im wrong but its just what i think

SRimon
01-03-08, 12:11 AM
Agree with Will F

And as I've said before, you're not a Nova enthusiast and shouldn't even be on this site if you value a Nova as a bit of rusty metal, that has wheels, much like any other bit of rust metal with wheels.

Its whether you love that rusty bit of metal...

Besides, how many have restored a 1.2 ish, GSi repped it for ?2k or so, more I thought about it, more I thought if mint it wasn't overpriced.

Anyway, don't buy it, in a few years it'll be quite tatty. There wasn't a hole in the boot, there is now lol.....

Mike
01-03-08, 05:18 AM

?500 for a nova or any car is sod all. Would be considerd a run around for that price. Ive had 3 or 4 nova's around the ?500 mark for just a run about. A real ethusiast that are on this site would pay over ?1500 - ?5000 any day if its the one they really want!

Not interly accurate really. Id class myself as an avid enthusiast, yet I have an aboslout minter of a hatch that has never seen a welder and it cost me ?40 and ?10 delivery :D if you know where to look, who to contact and where to go, you can get any car you like for the price you want :thumb:

Asa-James
01-03-08, 09:07 AM
Not interly accurate really. Id class myself as an avid enthusiast, yet I have an aboslout minter of a hatch that has never seen a welder and it cost me ?40 and ?10 delivery :D if you know where to look, who to contact and where to go, you can get any car you like for the price you want :thumb:

mike, i'm a jelous man...

lee coley
01-03-08, 09:11 AM
id say its worth ?1200.

EUROTURBO
01-03-08, 09:52 AM
its gotta be worth 1500 anyday. in all fairness it is nearly 20 years old and for a car of that age (let alone a GSI) its worth it but 3k...?? the salesman is a fool lol

SRimon
01-03-08, 10:07 AM

TBH mate i've seen pics of your car, when you first had it, and its not what i'd describe as a minter or concours. Clean, much like the GSi.

And its not a GSi, so automatically isn't worth as much.

You're an avid enthusiast, I see you always slagging how Nova's are ****, and how theres so much better cars out there and you wouldn't have one if you could help it and stuff.

matthew172
01-03-08, 10:08 AM

id pay abit more than 500 for a clean nova lol

Paul
01-03-08, 03:24 PM
not good news let me know if you want me to look @ this gte...

BIGS
01-03-08, 05:22 PM
id pay abit more than 500 for a clean nova lol

lol lol We all know you would and have :p

BIGS
01-03-08, 05:26 PM

Im not saying you cant get a mint cheep nova, there are a few gits on here that have been lucky enough to find one. But read what ive said again the point im making is that you are not a enthusiast if you would never be prepaired to pay a decient enough money for one that is uber clean

General Baxter
01-03-08, 05:36 PM
rot box lol

s14a
01-03-08, 06:24 PM
fair play man i was bookin flights to collect this on monday, i wouldv went mentle if id had travelled from ireland to see that, what a muppet, even to have the neck to ask 2250 for that would be a joke...

novacabrio
01-03-08, 07:24 PM
you can get any car you like for the price you want :thumb:

Nova GSI please in mint condition for ?500 please, Or i'd settle for a New Astra VXR for 12k Let me know when you have these sorted for me and theres a drink in it for you :thumb:

s14a
02-03-08, 01:26 AM
put me next on the the list for 500quid gsi novas, il take 2 please lol lol

belly257
02-03-08, 01:32 AM
lol

craig green
03-03-08, 10:40 AM
Theres always been high mileage multiple owner, un cared for examples that you hear of being swapped for fishing gear down at McDonalds or similar stories.

Sure they have a K&N & some other mods but the condition is nearly always poor. And yes base spec Novas in mint condition often get sold for almost nothing, these cars have little market value anyway & would require a lot of work to raise the spec & become similar to a GTE or GSi.

It stands to reason that GTE & sporty models fall into the hands of owners that desire them, that pay good money for them & are sold on in the same vain. Not the sort of car that you end up owning a GSi & not know what model you have.

The seller of that GSi needs to wake up.

Mike
03-03-08, 12:47 PM
TBH mate i've seen pics of your car, when you first had it, and its not what i'd describe as a minter or concours. Clean, much like the GSi.

And its not a GSi, so automatically isn't worth as much.

You're an avid enthusiast, I see you always slagging how Nova's are ****, and how theres so much better cars out there and you wouldn't have one if you could help it and stuff.

Strucually mint, and ive never had to get anything welding so far, pished the MOT once it built it, all it needed was new locks (which i already had) and red paint marks removing off the bonnet (which i used a tin of thinners found in the car after i bought it) slight dint in the roof, another in the drivers rear arch.

And you know yourself, Nova's, on the grand scale of things are poo, but you can only drive what you can afford, or chose to drive as a hobby. I own a Nova, a Cavalier GLS, Astra Sport and a Punto, Ive drive all those 3 more then my Nova (IMHO the Astra is far better to drive as standard then a Nova lol)

Nova GSI please in mint condition for ?500 please, Or i'd settle for a New Astra VXR for 12k Let me know when you have these sorted for me and theres a drink in it for you :thumb:

Car salvage :thumb: Ive been offered a choice of 3 Octavia VRS with literally "minimal" damage (a dinked panel and curbed wheel) for under ?2.5k all 3 are under 4 years old. IIRC all 3 are HPi clear BUT they are all linked to various crimes.

novacabrio
03-03-08, 05:32 PM
Car salvage :thumb: Ive been offered a choice of 3 Octavia VRS with literally "minimal" damage (a dinked panel and curbed wheel) for under ?2.5k all 3 are under 4 years old. IIRC all 3 are HPi clear BUT they are all linked to various crimes.

Its not a Octavia that I want, you said any car for the price you want. NOt an Octavia for ?2500:roll: lol

SRimon
03-03-08, 05:36 PM
Strucually mint, and ive never had to get anything welding so far, pished the MOT once it built it, all it needed was new locks (which i already had) and red paint marks removing off the bonnet (which i used a tin of thinners found in the car after i bought it) slight dint in the roof, another in the drivers rear arch.

And you know yourself, Nova's, on the grand scale of things are poo, but you can only drive what you can afford, or chose to drive as a hobby. I own a Nova, a Cavalier GLS, Astra Sport and a Punto, Ive drive all those 3 more then my Nova (IMHO the Astra is far better to drive as standard then a Nova lol)

Mint to me is structurally and body mint....

Nova's in the Grand scale of things are **** yes...

But as its not my regular car its my passion/hobby, i've a brand new Citroen C4 for every day of the week, which is far superior to any car thats 10 years old.

I can understand the Nova for everyday use, the main reason I sold my old one :)

Mike
03-03-08, 05:41 PM
Its not a Octavia that I want, you said any car for the price you want. NOt an Octavia for ?2500:roll: lol

lol lol that was an example! Look around on Google, eBay salvage, Police auctions etc

novacabrio
03-03-08, 05:44 PM
lol lol that was an example! Look around on Google, eBay salvage, Police auctions etc

I asked you to do it for me, lol

Mike
03-03-08, 05:46 PM
I asked you to do it for me, lol

Why should i do it? You want it lol you find it lol

Lee
03-03-08, 06:03 PM
I think a price tag of ?3K is fair for an utterly mint example thats done a handful of miles and doesnt have a single spot of rust on it anywhere. But these rarely if ever appear, and when they do, either Mr Robinson or Mr Ridley will beat you to it anyway lol.

But on the other hand, if you must spend 3k and you must have GSi on the logbook, there are other ways of doing it, and going back to the 'if you dont think its worth it, your not an enthusiast' comments, thats a bit of a cop out if you ask me. Buying a ropey GSi for ?800 quid and having a good 2.5K to spend on it will probably give you similar results. (bar the milage obviously, but hell, milage is only worth bragging about if your selling up or like to wave your dick around in the pub. If its mechanically sound, who really gives a toss?)

Being an enthusiast is just as much the hands on 'build it yourself' approach, and I for one would never spend 3k just for a shiny nova, even if others would. But i'd spend double that building a ?200 ****ter into something great.

So, going back to the beginning of the thread, and Will's post. Its worth what your willing to pay for it. End of. Some of us like to buy unmolested minters, some of us like to buy sheds for pocket money, and then molest the hell out of them. Horses for courses.

And yes, the guys a tool if he thinks that's worth 3k, even to someone who wants to spend that sort of money lol

Plug
03-03-08, 06:21 PM
Why are you all arguing About the price of cars?????

3k Is alright for a clean Gsi but people will pay what they think the car is worth and concidering most people on here know a hell of a lot about nova's i think they will make there own decisions on wether its worth it or not

matthew172
12-03-08, 12:20 PM
anyone know if the reg ended in BWS or something like that on this car?

salter
12-03-08, 12:49 PM
Yes the reg did end in BWS

matthew172
12-03-08, 01:03 PM
oh dear, a guy near me has bought it! wonder how much he gave for it

s14a
12-03-08, 01:16 PM
lol show him this thread

BIGS
12-03-08, 03:58 PM
oh dear, a guy near me has bought it! wonder how much he gave for it

:eek: Oh dear oh dear, please tell me he didnt pay the ?3000

Ben
13-03-08, 03:28 PM
If he bought it for ?3k then he is obviously happy with it so what does it matter, he must have looked at it and would of liked it to part with the money, his money to spend on what he likes.

fair play to him.

Ben
13-03-08, 03:32 PM
And to go on about some of the points in this thread, we can all get lucky and buy mint examples for little money, Will and i have had our fair share of these over the years, all about right place at the right time.

but you cannot bank on them week in week out to go for low prices, just be happy with the ones you do buy but dont rely on them.

With regards to paying ?3k for a car with no power steering, air con, piece of piss to steal and a steering wheel which dont sit straight then not for me i would rather buy something like a BMW mini cooper for the same money, or a E36 M3 but thats because im getting old and novas are ****ing uncofortable.

thats my opinion but people obviously do still pay this so good luck to them,

dannyb
13-03-08, 03:54 PM
With regards to paying ?3k for a car with no power steering, air con, piece of piss to steal and a steering wheel which dont sit straight then not for me i would rather buy something like a BMW mini cooper for the same money, or a E36 M3
New mini or E36 M3 for 3 grand???:wtf:

lollollol

Ben
13-03-08, 03:57 PM
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/BMW+M3/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-4294966389-4294967202/search.action

Yeah what?

Ben
13-03-08, 03:59 PM
And i cant link the Mini im bidding on at the moment as its a log in account but its 53 plate and im winning at ?700 with less than 24 hours to go, so unless you know otherwise, quiet please.

dannyb
13-03-08, 04:40 PM
I don't mean to be harsh but the M3s will be mileagey dogs mate - I have had a few BMWs and many friends have also owned M3s. The BI-VANOS units don't like mileage unless meticulously looked after, at that price I'd stay away and pay another grand for something with good history and lower mileage, it'll save the wallet in the future in repairs and especially if you don't want a resale nightmare...
I couldn't find a Mini on 'trader in the national search for under 4 and a half grand and the 53 one hasn't turned up on an eBay search.
Shhh.

J4MES
13-03-08, 04:50 PM
And i cant link the Mini im bidding on at the moment as its a log in account but its 53 plate and im winning at ?700 with less than 24 hours to go, so unless you know otherwise, quiet please.

At a guess; some kind of salvage??!!

Ben
13-03-08, 05:14 PM
Like i said its a private auction site so i couldnt put link on, its not ebay,

I never said you could buy a mint one for that money but you can buy them. I paid ?750 for a W reg GTi with full SP pack, digital climate control, electric mirrors etc, 49k miles with full history.