PDA

View Full Version : strange electrical fault!

sr jack
29-02-08, 05:55 PM
i was driving my sr the other day and all of a sudon the wipers came on full wak, the fog like comes on and you cant turn it of, and i had no reading on my digi dash fuel gauge. this is so weird whist driving just want to no if anyone had exsperienced anything like this before thanks
jack

meritlover
01-03-08, 09:18 AM
no i have never

sunnyjim
02-06-09, 01:20 PM
heard something similar earlier. They said it was one of the main earth straps gone which caused strange things to happen. car was trying to earth back through dash bringing all sorts on. Try checking fuse board to make sure all is good aswell.hope that helps you.

Welsh Dan
02-06-09, 02:21 PM
Check all of the earths.

J40NOV
02-06-09, 02:37 PM
Happened on my mates vectra he had his engine out to change the gear box one of his mates didnt tighten the leads on the starter motor and he had similar problems to what your describing so could well be an Earth, or lose main power supply's

joff-turbo-nova
02-06-09, 02:58 PM
Hi

I had a similar problem - checked all the earths which were OK - turned out to be a dodgy ignition switch (the black round thing on the end of the ignition barrel)

Changed it for a new one and all was good again ...

Cheers

Joff

mikey14sr
02-06-09, 03:00 PM
heard something similar earlier. They said it was one of the main earth straps gone which caused strange things to happen. car was trying to earth back through dash bringing all sorts on. Try checking fuse board to make sure all is good aswell.hope that helps you.

I mentioned it a few days ago, happened on my SR. The bolt and captive nut for the gearbox earth strap that goes into the chassis leg had rusted they're threads away.

AlexW
02-06-09, 03:26 PM
This Thread Is Over A Year Old!