PDA

View Full Version : what to get

Matt Finary
05-08-02, 12:32 PM
My car is coming on well now, new floor is in, roof gutters are gone, the body has been smoothed, the engine bay is finished and the tailgate and kit is being smoothed in. Only the thing left to do is the A pillar gull wing door conversion. Before the respray.

What I want to know is which would be better for my car, the roads around my area are pretty Sh!t and there are loads of speed bumps, but the sea front is flat and so are some of the roads. The car will be on 17's and I want as low as poss.

Which would be better coilovers or airbags

Matt :?:

kevw
05-08-02, 12:38 PM
Airbags would be cool I reckon, have u got any pics of ur car? If not, then get sum!!!!!

Matt Finary
05-08-02, 02:50 PM
sorry Kev, I have pic's of the build so far but I will not post them until the car is back from the sprayers with the kit on. but Novaload will be the first to have them! I want to go for air bags because I can get them for the same price as coil overs but then i would be able flick a switch and slam it.

Will air bags and coilovers take the extra weight of the 2l 16V

Matt

Ric 16v
05-08-02, 05:33 PM
where r u getting the air bags from ???

Matt Finary
06-08-02, 10:08 AM
I would be getting them from a german tuning company who have them made in the USA and then ship over to germany. For a nova kit it is about ?600 for the whole kit and a drop over 120mm!

kieronharrop
06-08-02, 12:24 PM
have you got the number?

or website?

kieronharrop
06-08-02, 02:22 PM
don't air bags give poorer handling the lower you go?
because the suspension gets softer with less air in the bag

Ben (lurk75)
06-08-02, 06:04 PM
go for the bags matt but keep the source to your self until you got em fitted an on show! :wink:

?Marty?
06-08-02, 08:23 PM
The air-bags are best for looks and practical too - slam it really low, but if you come up to a 'sleeping policeman' you can raise it to get over it no probs, but the handling isn't as good as coil-overs. Can't beat coil-overs for handling! So it depends what you want really.

Though air-bags are a lot cooler and no-one's done it to a nova yet (a featured one anyway) so if that's important to you then that's what you should go for.

And i'm sure you already know what you want anyway, no matter what this poll results in. I'm going to get air-bags, though i'll save-it for something Jap.

Oh ands don't you boys read anything? I can name at least three companys in the UK that will supply an air-bag kit for around ?600. I was thinking of starting to sell them myself. Out of my bedroom like. :lol: