PDA

View Full Version : Strut Brace

rob.slader
04-08-02, 01:31 PM
I am going to get a strut brace for my Nova. Not sure what is the best type to go for? Also is there anything I need to consider before buying? I guess they are pretty straight forward to fit. I have only seen an OMP steel one on the demon-tweeks web site it's about ?35. But only lists one for 1.3sr and one for 1.6gsi (Both different part numbers). As I have a 1400sr, I guess the 1.3 sr is the one to go for?

14sr
04-08-02, 05:38 PM
my mat e got one of these ones for his 1.3 sr and he sent it back . they are different in the way the go across the top of the inlet manifold to make way for if you have injection or carb the one for the 1.3 sr only fitted when he had has k&n on so he sent it back as he puts the standard air filter on in the winter

rob.slader
05-08-02, 11:18 AM
I don't think I will have that problem as I am running twin DCOE 40's which sit lower than the standard carb/air box. I was just unsure weather the 1.3sr strut brace will go on my mk2 1400sr? As the 1400sr is not on the application list I have seen from Deemon Tweeks. I'll give them a call i think. If anyone knows of a strut brace for sale, let me know. Cheers.