PDA

View Full Version : Mileage check...

Ben
27-02-08, 04:31 PM
Quick question, can anyone on here do a mileage check for me, been offered a Nova with 29k showing on the clock, car is mint in every way and would assume mileage to be correct but would juct like to check.

i know HPi will tell me but im tight! Plus some people got access to the info for free :thumb:

Steve
27-02-08, 04:37 PM
Ive bought two novas with less the 35,000 on them and judging by the condition should be enough.

How many owners has it had and how long have they owned it for? I knew mine were genuine as they were both from oaps who had basically owned it since it was 2 years old, but lost all the mots etc as they were going a bit senile

Ben
27-02-08, 04:40 PM
Yes mate i know all that but have also seen novas with 150k which are mint, just depends on the car, i cannot see the car in person as im not home until the weekend and guy needs the money before then so someone else is buying on my behalf, so would like to be sure of the mileage first.

Will F
28-02-08, 10:11 AM
HPi's are peanuts nowadays you tight gypsy.

Get it done! lol

Ben
28-02-08, 10:22 AM
I know hpi status just need mileage, you know why!!!

Stuart
28-02-08, 10:30 AM
just buy it, if the milage is **** than sell it to some paddy who will happily pay over the odds for it :D

Ben
28-02-08, 11:20 AM
yeah true will has already offered to buy it so that works :D

Adam Moran
28-02-08, 04:17 PM
lol at the old Ben-Will banter..... you to are missed!!

Have you bought it? If so get some pics up you lazy sod!

Ben
28-02-08, 04:26 PM
Like i said not back in the UK until Tommorow, its either going to be a little treat or ****box, pics i have seen look awesome and warrant the miles but a 29k Nova GSi will look lovely locked in a garage somewhere in Belguim lmao

Iain
28-02-08, 06:38 PM
Check the previous MOTs on the Internet (using the number off the latest MOT cert), that tells you the mileage recorded at the last few MOTs.

Dave.
28-02-08, 07:12 PM
How many owners has it had and how long have they owned it for? I knew mine were genuine as they were both from oaps who had basically owned it since it was 2 years old, but lost all the mots etc as they were going a bit senile

i bought mine with no mot's, 45,000 miles on the clock with 8 owners! but mines still genuine lol :thumb:

Ben
28-02-08, 10:16 PM
i bought mine with no mot's, 45,000 miles on the clock with 8 owners! but mines still genuine lol :thumb:

As far as your aware, easy to clock a nova.

Ben
28-02-08, 10:16 PM
Check the previous MOTs on the Internet (using the number off the latest MOT cert), that tells you the mileage recorded at the last few MOTs.

You need a copy of the mot or the logbook which i have neither of lol.

Will F
29-02-08, 10:56 AM
So yopu back in UK today?? I need some tyres! ;)