PDA

View Full Version : cigarette wiring

mikeoxford
02-08-02, 10:30 PM
hi all.

just a qwikie really

my cigarette lighter is permantly live, i didnt think it should be like this as standard? my old nova i am sure came on with the ignition.

I have checked the back of the cigarette lighter, and the loom is intact.

so the only other thing i can think of is something with my alarm or something wired in afterwards has made it permant live?

any ideas what i should do? does it really matter?

carltoncrazy
02-08-02, 11:04 PM
think ya self lucky,least urs works

dave.gsi
03-08-02, 01:01 AM
lol....mine works, i'll check 2morrow to see if it works without ignition.

my heater is startin to piss me off.......number one u get nothing, 2 u get nothing and three is useless too :(

bad when windows are steamed up!................when its raining u dirty bastards lol :lol:

mikeoxford
03-08-02, 10:35 AM
so hows yours wired dave?

im sure it should come on with the ignition :S

ade
04-08-02, 12:02 AM
arent the fag lighters wired up on the same loom as the clock (which is on all the time). I'm sure mine is on all the time but then saying that its not coz my mobile phone is plugged into it and it only comes up charging when the ignition is turned on.

So - on mine basically its off until the igition is on

Ade

dave.gsi
04-08-02, 12:11 AM
same here............only works with ignition on.

mikeoxford
04-08-02, 08:25 PM
hhhhmmm thought so, so something muist be wired to it to make it permanent live then?

hhhmmmm

im buggered if i know what

:roll:

dave.gsi
04-08-02, 09:54 PM
lol, me neither mate!! :lol:

mikeoxford
04-08-02, 09:59 PM
got three theroies.

1) wired radio in wrong - cant see how or what effect it would have? (copied wiring from old nova too :S

2) something fitted aftermarket eg alarm is causing it to be permanent live if connected incorectly

3) cigarette lighter was maid to be perm live on purpose, to power something like the alarm ???

:roll: :roll: :roll: pluckin at straws here!