26-02-08, 07:44 PM
anywere in the north west that carrys this out

ie skim port and polish had a look in google but nothing seems to be coming up

links would be great:thumb:

Adam
26-02-08, 07:46 PM
Yellow pages

Engine reconditioners

Altho, if its on your Sri, i wouldn't bother. The head isn't at all restrictive in standard form, and headwork is only really needed when chasing high power :)

raymond
26-02-08, 07:50 PM
yep its on the sri surely abit of headwork would make it better though

so really as the headgasket has gone just get it skimmed and were away agian lol

Adam
26-02-08, 07:53 PM
Do it if you want, waste of money in my opinion though.

If its overheated get it skimmed. If not, just wack it back on with a new gasket and bolts.

raymond
26-02-08, 08:07 PM
no its not overheated but it is loosing water like fill it up everyday

cheers

Stuart
27-02-08, 08:35 AM
a skim is good, porting work..... probably un nessecary, but as the head is off you could jsut get it done to save doing it again.

craig green
28-02-08, 03:39 PM
Blydenstein used to get good gains from an SRi head..... Bigger inlet valves on the B pack head. Made them quicker than GSi's IIRC.

So there must be some gains to be found?

andy_srt40
28-02-08, 03:45 PM
try quasar (could be spelt quazar but i can't remember off the top of my head) engineering in stockport mate, good lads down there

there's also tekno race engines on the same estate

both are in bredbury stockport, they're modifiying my pistons at the mo for a very good price

andy_srt40
28-02-08, 03:45 PM
p.s., i know this is off topis but are their any gains to be had from modding the 16se head?

Adam
28-02-08, 04:30 PM
Blydenstein used to get good gains from an SRi head..... Bigger inlet valves on the B pack head. Made them quicker than GSi's IIRC.

Really?
Whats B-pack? Is that a high spec jobbie?

I find it hard to believe youd see a 18bhp gain on a standard 1400 8v sri from headwork.
But the bigger valves etc will be helping, so maybe so...

craig green
29-02-08, 01:03 PM
p.s., i know this is off topis but are their any gains to be had from modding the 16se head?

Yes. Flow work, bigger inlet valves & then onto bigger exhaust valves too.

In Blydenstein terms the B pack was bigger inlet valves & B+ pack is bigger valves on both sides.

I wasnt saying the head will push a 1400's power above 100 bhp of a std GSi but perhaps on the road, the flowed & big valved 1400 was quicker. The 1400's are a bit more rev happy than the 1600's anyway.