PDA

View Full Version : susspension setup

16v Nova Kev
25-02-08, 09:50 PM
hi can anyone give me any pointers for my track day nova susspension set up its been polybushed/full weld in cage/gte anti roll bar got no susspension as yet also what about camber/tyres cheers i know you wont let me down peeps;)

16v Nova Kev
26-02-08, 04:51 PM
up

16v Nova Kev
06-03-08, 11:29 PM
boing

adam c
06-03-08, 11:33 PM
what do you want to know?what suspension kit to get?or what settings to use?

16v Nova Kev
06-03-08, 11:58 PM
well i have got a set of spax. coilovers on the front not on the back they should do mostly looking for info on tracking/camber/the car ic going to be light

craig green
07-03-08, 09:38 AM
Take the fr ARB off.

Depending on how low you go, the camber may need attention. Easiest via filing out the top mount holes in the turrets.

Add a strut brace & if you ever drop out the engine, add a Grp-A plating kit. Really help IMO.

I will be experimenting with rear toe in/out on the rear hubs when mine is on the road. IMO this could potentially have great effect on the cars cornering characteristics.

[edit] why not just buy a book on chassis setup, suspension design?

16v Nova Kev
07-03-08, 06:38 PM
cheers craig i just bought a gte antiroll bar to doh and the plating kit is already on. i was mostly just for peoples tried amd tested mods

nathan.
08-03-08, 06:26 PM
If you can, set your front geometry to:-

2mm toe out,
Castor = 4 degrees +ve,
Camber = 2 degrees -ve

IMO front ARB's make handling worse.

Lee
08-03-08, 07:51 PM
2mm toe out,

You run 2mm toe out Nath? That works for you does it? I found running the fronts at 0.0 was far better on an XE. Intreesting.

Dar
08-03-08, 08:39 PM
I run a bit of toe out on mine, dunno how much though. Not alot. Makes them pointer.

As for spring rates. As a starting point put 300lb on the front. I started with 150lb on the rear but have been upping the spring rates each year. I currently run 250lb springs on the rear.

Tyres will make all the difference. If you can get at least Toyo R888's but if you can get some slicks then all the better. I run Some Hankook slicks on mine T70 compound (Medium I think).

I have always found it's best to make a change to the suspension and then test it to see if you prefer it or not.

nathan.
09-03-08, 10:34 AM
You run 2mm toe out Nath? That works for you does it? I found running the fronts at 0.0 was far better on an XE. Intreesting.

I do on the road mate, and seems fine.
however once on track i will try different set ups.

16v Nova Kev
09-03-08, 01:58 PM
good piont about tyres i was going to go for r888s cos my local tyre guy can get me them for 60 quid fitted. the first time out on track will fopefully be an open pit day just got myself a set of spax coilovers so i will have a play about with them cheers guys thum