PDA

View Full Version : MK1 Dash !!!!!! MINGING !!!

rudi
02-08-02, 12:10 PM
Hi Geeza's !! ( and galz)

As i said in Hayzsr's post .. i need to sort my minging (or Jade like) dash out.... it's grey and looks shite... need something cheap and easy?? is painting it an option... and can you do that without taking the whole dash out??

Thanks

Rudi

geordie_racer
02-08-02, 12:49 PM
is it a mk1 or mk2? if it's a mk1 u could swap if for the mk2. also you can spray it usin foliatec interior spray as found at halfords. i did this 2 mine and it makes a lot of difference.

rudi
02-08-02, 02:47 PM
Did you have to take the dash out of the car to spray it??? .. oh and it's a Mk1

mikesri
02-08-02, 05:04 PM
Hi m8, i had a mk1, i took the dash out of it, gave it a clean. i then sprayed it with normal grey primer ( a few coats) then sprayed it with normal black spray paint then laquered. The finished job looked the bollocks and i was well pleased cos it was different. it gave my interior that gsi look. i also sprayed the door cards the same way. The dash is a piece of piss 2 take out and then replace.

carltoncrazy
02-08-02, 05:27 PM
dont kill me guys i like my mk1 SR dash.

kieronharrop
02-08-02, 10:42 PM
i like the mrk 1 dash aswell nice and compact and matches the car well

carltoncrazy
02-08-02, 11:14 PM
f*** me some likes what i say,
give that man a medal hehehehehehehe.
nah i mean i think it reflexs the age of the outside so just leave it,any how everything nice n easy to reach

dave.gsi
03-08-02, 01:04 AM
i like the mk1 dash too.....................much better than the girly mk2 lmao

spose its like the gte gsi debate though...................gte = hard ass blokes car

gsi = curvy girls car lmao :lol: :lol:

carltoncrazy
03-08-02, 06:42 PM
yay people think the same as me(this is a first).
i do think the mk2 does look abit.............gay?????????

carltoncrazy
03-08-02, 10:00 PM
i must say i do think m2 look abit,
"oh we better change it but cant b botherd to change anthing important etc.
new lights yay etc.;
eample mk1 SR looks more sporty front bumper.
mk2 sr looks normal,part from a few badges and spoiler.
gsi just looks like a done up 1,2 sorry it does
GTE looks like it somthing special.
but hard ass man car?????????????//its nova.sorry

dave.gsi
04-08-02, 12:17 AM
lol.......what is a hard assed mans car then???? a range rover lmao

kieronharrop
04-08-02, 10:43 AM
must be coz my dad has had range rovers and he's a hard nut

jon_boy
04-08-02, 01:22 PM
nah Formula 2 "maxi" racing cossie is a hard ass mans car. but there are only 13 in the country 12 of which are owned by ford.... bugger

burney
04-08-02, 05:15 PM
i started off hating the mark 1 dash then i saw the mark 2 and now the mark 1 is my favourite im gunna spray mine dark grey.

Breeny
04-08-02, 11:51 PM
This is my mates dash.. Its been covered in grey carpet and redone to match the rest of the dash with tv's etc.

Personal opinion is the mark 2 dash's look nicer especially black (gsi) ones.

http://www.novaload.net/files/breeny/seats3.jpg

rudi
05-08-02, 11:12 AM
iT'S jUST THE GREY I DON'T LIKE!!

It looks really dated, and i've put matching black and red seat covers on which looks suprisingly good ! and so if the dash and door cards were black it would look mint! Although saying that, i brought this cockpit shine stuff from halfords and that does make it look well shiny.... which improves it!

Anyway, anyone no were an idiots guide to taking as MK1 SR dash off is??

Nova1.6
05-08-02, 12:34 PM
can i also have an idiots guide to taking mk2 dash off, when u say dash, do u mean the bit just around the speedo and stuff or the whole dash that goes right across, i see 2 screws on each side of the dash when u open the doors. Whats the best way to change the colour of the door cards? Prob black maybe?
Neil AKA 'idiot'

ade
06-08-02, 01:28 AM
lol at the swear checker kicking in over "c ockpit" shine! :lol:

As for using that stuff on yer dash to make it "shiney" in my opinion BAD MISTAKE! Its silicone based which means that if you were serious about changing the colour of yer dash (aka spraying it black), paint HATES silicone - one of the most hated chemicals ther is in the paint spraying industry. If creates a barrier that paint cant stick to - effectively known as "fish eyes" for v small particles - on a big scale known as a mess.

you'need to purchase some anti silicone degreaser (or good quality thinners) - test the dash i a small area to make sure it doesnt react with the plastic (some thinners melts plastic like celly thinners). You can get anti silicone degreaser from car paint suppliers.

Black sounds good on door cards and dash. All ya need now is a lik of green for the rasta nova!

:D

Ade

rudi
06-08-02, 10:15 AM
hehehe!! funny you say that mate... i was gonna put a great big red, gold green V on the front going down the sides to the edge of the bumper.... cause i had to sand the bonnet down and fill a couple of holes in the wing.... but i chickened out and am trying to blend it in with the orginal color now using vauxhall flame red spray from halfords... and shit loadsa T-CUT! once that done i'm going to do a red, gold and green cannabis leaf on the bonnet...... but with a baby due in 5 days that may have to wait!!!! :evil: