PDA

View Full Version : Got me a new Nova!

tom_beverley
25-02-08, 01:45 PM
Well, I waved goodbye to the van on Saturday after finally deciding it would be best to cut my losses and start on something fresh. I have being searching all over recently and finally decided on a little 1.0l that was on eBay.

Some of you might have had a peak at the listing (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140205518321&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=004), it is a beige/custard colour and absolutely immaculate having only covered 27,952 miles :eek:

Not bad for a car nearly 21 years old! I was little apprehensive having not viewed the car in person but thanks to the seller he took lots of photos so I was quietly confident it was genuine. When I got there I was amazed by it, to say its mint is an understatement :D

My dad did me a HUGE favour yesterday and took me down with a trailer to collect it from Cheltenham, some 450 mile round trip!

Pics will follow later when I get it off the trailer!

Woot woot lol

SRimon
25-02-08, 01:47 PM
seen irt a few times

Mk1 SR Rep FTW!!!!!

craig green
25-02-08, 01:49 PM
That looks bloody lovely Tom.

Gazelle Beige is the true name for that god awfull colour!

Ryan5cyl
25-02-08, 02:49 PM
Thats a lucky find, glad it turned out to be a true minter!

RSTChris
25-02-08, 03:05 PM
Minters, thats a great basis to start from

Riggy
25-02-08, 03:15 PM
that looks mint mate ,

so what plans do you have :thumb:

Jeff16v
25-02-08, 03:32 PM
Fantastically horrendous colourlol Great find:thumb:

what have you in mind?

tom_beverley
25-02-08, 03:34 PM
Well its thrown a spanner in my plans really.

I've everything here to make it into an 8v 1650cc (propper wide track) wide arch 1650cc beaut, but I don't think I could bring myself to get the arches chopped out. You can still easily see all the factory 'OK' stamps round the whole car, the arches feel deadly smooth if you stick your hand up behind the arch lip :eek:

At the moment I'm thinking of just putting the new engine and SCCR box in for the shows this year. However that then means I'd need change mounts, change brakes, put my coilovers on etc etc bringing it more away from standard.

Dilemma lol

burgo
25-02-08, 03:34 PM
i was watching that one. i love the colour and think it should stay like it is

craig green
25-02-08, 03:43 PM
I've everything here to make it into an 8v 1650cc (propper wide track) wide arch 1650cc beaut, but I don't think I could bring myself to get the arches chopped out. You can still easily see all the factory 'OK' stamps round the whole car, the arches feel deadly smooth if you stick your hand up behind the arch lips.

At the moment I'm thinking of just putting the new engine and SCCR box in for the shows this year. However that then means I'd need change mounts, change brakes, put my coilovers on etc etc bringing it more away from standard.

Dilemma

Being that colour & spec it will never be more valued than just a really clean shell IMO. Personally I wouldnt cut it up for a wide arch project, but I wouldnt hesitate to strip it out & start stitch welding it & prepping it for paint to a really high standard.

Riggy
25-02-08, 04:06 PM
^^ 2nd that ,

perfect to strip and build a mint nova , painted in a nice colour :thumb:

tom_beverley
25-02-08, 04:51 PM
painted in a nice colour :thumb:

What, you mean it isn't a nice colour now :confused:

ROFL

Adam
25-02-08, 04:55 PM
Too right lol lol /\

Looks an awesome shell :)

Jack
25-02-08, 05:19 PM
Old colours ftw :D

I'm guessing thats a late registered one then. Is the dash black or just very dark brown?

That looks bloody lovely Tom.

Gazelle Beige is the true name for that god awfull colour!
Indeedily, code 428/51L :D

craig green
25-02-08, 05:32 PM
Old colours ftw :D

I'm guessing thats a late registered one then. Is the dash black or just very dark brown?

Could be grey.... :D

I reckon do a two tone paint job utilising the beige..? :thumb:

Mint FRST
25-02-08, 05:36 PM
Saw you on my way back from Donno - Assume it was you towing it?

Count Vaux Alot
25-02-08, 06:15 PM
I bid on this the first time it was on ebay (think its been on twice) i love it and as you say its uber clean, it will make one very nice car...keep the colour.

peester
25-02-08, 06:24 PM
aww, tis a peach that..

adam c
25-02-08, 06:32 PM
i think you should keep the car that colour and just put your engine,box and suspension on it.it would make a :cool: little sleeper!

peester
25-02-08, 06:36 PM
quick bodge up lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/beigenova.jpg

lee coley
25-02-08, 07:10 PM
That colour will ok when its had a few things done (wheels,suspension etc)

krobinson
25-02-08, 07:12 PM
Looks to be a great shell! :D Keep us all updated!!

Will F
25-02-08, 07:17 PM
Had my eye on that a few times and it was only down th road! Offered him ?400 a few months back it looks awesome.

Colour is ace, please keep it that way! :)

ian.sutton
25-02-08, 07:18 PM
Great buy, was watching it myself.

I quite like the colour and keeping it original exterior would be my move.

Keep us updated with your plans. :)

tom_beverley
25-02-08, 08:31 PM
Tbh the colour is growing on me and as said, I think it will look cool with the coilovers on :)

Jack, the dash is very dark brown, looks waaay better than the usual grey ones! Thanks for the colour Craig and the code Jack!

I was hoping (read praying) it wouldn't go crazy at the end like so many have before, I'm really happy and can't grumble at all for the price I paid.

Its off the trailer now safely tucked up in the unit, I cannot for the life of me find any rust though!

:D

MC
25-02-08, 09:19 PM
Firstly, love the colour, don't change it! It's retro chic and will look cool slammed on steel rims.

Secondly, NO WIDE ARCHES! Nova's are beutiful, the lines flow well and are masculine and sum up the very best aspects of 1980's design.

Thirdly, nice find.

MC

16v Nova Kev
25-02-08, 09:25 PM
top buy that one will be around for ages

dave.gsi
26-02-08, 06:30 PM
agreed....keep the colour, its proper old school :D

nice early tailgate aswell, just keep it simple... wheels, lowered and take off all the badges :thumb: