PDA

View Full Version : rev limit-managment prob on 20xe

alan b
24-02-08, 03:58 PM
hey lads on a spirited drive last night i noticed that there was no rev limiter. i brought it up past 8 and my digi dash went mental. then sharply changed gears lol also did an emissions test recently and at idle its good. put holdong 2.5k its runs very rich. dont no if the ecu is chipped. but cant think of anything else that would cause this, car runs tip top, no fault codes etc.

Chris Astley
24-02-08, 05:05 PM
I once had an ecu on redtop that did the same, wasnt chipped or anything but had no limiter. Did it used to have a limiter?

Edwin
24-02-08, 10:23 PM
the xe's should have an rev limiter, but it's a well known fact that the rmp settings can variate per ecu. There are ecu's that go to 6900 an 7200rpm. Reports of cases with no rev limiter ar not uncommen. a specialy the first xe's had a lots of diverance in the Eproms that where used in them

Will F
24-02-08, 10:40 PM
'Normally' the DIS engines will rev to 7k, whereas the coil versions will stop at 6750....

How do you know you revved to 8k?? The digi dash only goes to 7k... as soon as you get passed 6750 it will flash....

alan b
24-02-08, 11:35 PM
well it went off the clock then stayed going abit more before i changed gear, must have been well over 7.2k rpm oh and sice ive had this engine this is the first time ive revved it out that far so i dont if its always been like that.