PDA

View Full Version : Mbe 956 ecu/loom

Nova18E
23-02-08, 06:15 PM
Hi iv just brought a c20xe and sbd taper throttle body kit (second hand and rather incomplete) to fit the c20xe which came with a mbe 956 ecu and loom, but im having trouble with the wiring loom/ecu as i dont know weather it runs a coil or coil pack? So far iv fryed two vectra coil packs trying to find out!

The loom is fully label'd with what goes where and the 4 pin 'coil' plug fits a 2.0,1.8 vectra ecotec coil pack or 1.4/1.6 corsa,tigra etc... coil pack but wont fit the plug on the xe dizzy. According to the sbd wiring diagram the vectra coil pack uses 3 wires one feed and two triggers the forth pin is unused, the corsa coil pack uses 4 wires one feed, one earth and two triggers.

Sbd Wiring diagram (different pins on each plug):
White = 12v feed
Silver = earth (Not used on vectra coilpack)
White/black = trigger1
White/green = trigger2

After cutting back the sleeving round the coil wires i found that my loom has 3 wires going to the coil plug, one feed one earth and one trigger.

Trigger = black/white pin4
Feed 12v = White pin3
Earth = silver uninsulated Pin2

Can any one throw any light on the situation? As iv got no white/green

Did the early throttle body kits run a distributor set up?
Does the four pin plug fit the early redtop ballast resistor?
Is there a coil pack that only uses one trigger?
Can i use the tacho feed from the ecu as the second trigger?

Any help would be great as im stuck? Cheers

Will F
23-02-08, 09:03 PM
Didnt reall read it all, but are you saying you tried to fit it to a C20XE dissy?? It needs the DIS pack to run matey...as far as I know...

Also how have you 'fried' the DIS packs? I would worry that the ECU will have taken some abuse from this too!!!! Be careful not to damage that - if you havent already!

Nova18E
23-02-08, 10:05 PM
From what i can gather it was runing dizzy before i bought it, iv tryed using coilpack as the ignition parts didnt come with what i brought and the plug on the loom fits vauxhall coilpack. The wires from ecu are wrong to run vectra or corsa coil weather the amplifier is in the coilpack or in the ecu, iv only got 1 trigger wire coming from the ecu plug to the coil plug?

This is what i cant understand what system should it run coil or coilpack (as it's an old set up 95' ish)? and how should i go about wiring it? can i take a 2nd trigger from the tacho wire?
Cheers