PDA

View Full Version : Harness Fixing Location????

Mike B GTE
22-02-08, 03:40 PM
Hi,

hope this is in the right place.

just a quickie regading harnesses and where anybody else has fixed the inside lap strap to. The outside one i have put to the standrad hole on the cill where the original seatbelt was fixed to, and the the rear strap is fixed to the floor where the rear belt buckles were. But where have you guys fixed the inside ones to?? they are side mounted seats, so dont have subframes.

thanks in advance!!

Mike

Mike
22-02-08, 03:49 PM
EDIT: Side mounted seats, youll need to drill some holes out, weld in some harness fixing plates and then bolt it in

Mike B GTE
22-02-08, 04:15 PM
thanks, i suspected i might have to break out the welder - again!

could someone maybe post me up a pic? just so can see what its menat to look like

Adam
22-02-08, 05:53 PM
Drill a hole in the transmission tunnel, fit a spreader plate under the tunnel, then bolt the bolt/eye through the tunnel into the plate.
Thats what ive just done this afternoon actually, there will be some pics up on my project thread in a few minutes :)

Adam
22-02-08, 06:15 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74272&page=60

Philsutton
22-02-08, 06:26 PM
Drill a hole in the transmission tunnel, fit a spreader plate under the tunnel, then bolt the bolt/eye through the tunnel into the plate.
Thats what ive just done this afternoon actually, there will be some pics up on my project thread in a few minutes :)

exactly what I did on the corsa, best thing really.

Iain
22-02-08, 06:35 PM
Same. You can weld the spreader plates to the tunnel though if you're not happy with just using them as a washer and nut.

http://www.iainel.co.uk/images/forums/HarnessPoint.JPG

Philsutton
22-02-08, 06:36 PM
I wish i was as cool as iain

tom reid
22-02-08, 08:15 PM
lol Your hair IS cool phil

Royston
22-02-08, 08:26 PM
Mine is fitted to the seat base (std sport seat)using an eyebolt through though the std seat belt pivot point,

BenNova
23-02-08, 06:54 PM
lol Your hair IS cool phil

lol