PDA

View Full Version : Fitting boot pop solenoid

Adam
21-02-08, 05:36 PM
As above.
Had a de-locked grab handle, and cba keep climbing in the boot to open the latch by hand lol
So i have a solenoid to fit.

Anyone done this? Any pics?
Im assuming the best way is some form of plate bolted to the boot lid, then the solenoid screwed to the plate?

Lee H
21-02-08, 05:37 PM
As above.
Had a de-locked grab handle, and cba keep climbing in the boot to open the latch by hand lol
So i have a solenoid to fit.

Anyone done this? Any pics?
Im assuming the best way is some form of plate bolted to the boot lid, then the solenoid screwed to the plate?

No pics but mines just a cheap maplin solonoid bolted to a plate and then bolted to the inside of the boot lid like you say.

Adam
21-02-08, 05:39 PM
Ok, cheers Lee.
Aye, the solenoid i have is a Maplin jobbie.

Im going to have to route a wire through into the bootlid somehow too, which looks tricky. :(

Lee-170
21-02-08, 05:40 PM
just bolt it to a plate and then bolt it to the boot on mine ive run the power through a relay to the switch run the wires through the hole for heated screen wire into the bootlid the run it throug the hole in to the car it comes through at the back of the bac light hope this helps

Lee H
21-02-08, 05:48 PM
After I got my car back from the bodyshop I had to run the wires for the rear wiper and heated window back through the bootlid. After mucho swearing and anger I ended up getting the missus to do it........

Adam
21-02-08, 06:13 PM
lol
Better get your missus down to Stoke this weekend then lol :p

staggy_gsi
21-02-08, 08:46 PM
im using a central locking motor from a cav to do mine. can you post some pics up when youve done it so i can get an idea please??

Ash
21-02-08, 11:52 PM
I used one with a wire pull rather than a central locking motor. Held in place with a J-shaped bracket and two screws which pinched it to the body work. Hard to explain without pics.

Wait till tomorrow..

Paul
22-02-08, 08:37 AM
the wires can be a right coont to get through, try and get someone with skinny hands to help you, as fat paws like mine are useless!

Adam
22-02-08, 02:08 PM
try and get someone with skinny hands to help you,
Im sorted then ;) lol