PDA

View Full Version : Broken up

dannyb
21-02-08, 02:36 PM
Has anyone ever broken up with someone due to circumstances, despite the fact that you are both still very much attracted to each other? I'm wondering if there is anyone on here who could help me out?

chimp007_uk
21-02-08, 02:41 PM
i did... but we got back together and broke up again for a while and the circumstances kept being brought up... not easy there, but you move on find someone whoe that situation wont arise with :)

Stuart
21-02-08, 03:39 PM
Yep.

When I first went to uni we managed to just about hold a long distance relationship together and after 6 months it simply didnt work out :( tried to rekindle stuff afterwards but never worked as the circumstances were still there.

Its a pain but life goes on and all that jazz.

to quote the legend that is Mike Skinner "Dry your eyes mate, theres pleanty more fish in the sea"

chimp007_uk
21-02-08, 04:30 PM
i did 2 years of a uni long distance relationship... then a silly thing ended it lol ah well, as stuart says things move forwards and onwards.

Adam
21-02-08, 04:31 PM
Pretty much the same as above really.

My ex went to a uni about 180miles away, and it was never going work just phoning her everyday, so it was time to move on.
Still in contact over msn and stuff though "as mates"

Oh, btw, Mike Skinner is NOT a legend. lol

Jack
21-02-08, 04:33 PM
If circumstances = she ran off with a married bloke, then yes. lol

dannyb
21-02-08, 05:43 PM
We both work in the same school, her department is being very demanding on her as half of it is off, they have loads of other admin type things to do. Along with this, she is going to have to look for a new place to buy around here as her house will be sold in May. Its all very stressful and she doesn't want to do a half job of a relationship, she feels she can't give enough at the moment as she is already so thinly spread.

chimp007_uk
21-02-08, 05:47 PM
i guess that a bit more complicated than uni...

two ways to look at it, wither give her, her space and if she wants the relationship she'll make an effort, or if she thought you were the one, wouldn;t she want to do everything she can to make it work??

i dont know, prob not a good thing to say?!?

Alex.
21-02-08, 06:41 PM
Give her space as it sounds like her head's quite split with different thing atm. :)

Philsutton
21-02-08, 06:42 PM
Get over it

dannyb
21-02-08, 06:44 PM
Get over it

lol

I'm sure its a good sign if I can laugh at that!
Thank you all for advice, untaimed girl - thank you for a womans perspective :)

dave.gsi
21-02-08, 07:37 PM
png's agony aunt corner lol

women are there for 3 things............

1. sex
2. blow jobs
3. cooking.

everything else i can do myself :D lol

smcgsi16v
21-02-08, 10:14 PM
Get over it

Your all heart.lol

I can't help you as i've been with my other for 11 years, and its really the only serious relationship I've had.

The only thing I would say is give her time and space to sort her sh1t out and if its meant to be she'll be back in the sack in a while.:thumb:

euro sbd
21-02-08, 10:54 PM
i never knew you lads and lasses could be so sensitive on png its quite touching lol

Dave.
21-02-08, 11:08 PM
my uncle and his wife to be broke up because he made a fri up and didnt clean the pan, so she threw it in the garden, next time he came to use it, it was in the garden, big row, over! lol

CP
21-02-08, 11:52 PM
Well it sounds to me like its a committment issue. She's basically telling you that she is more committed to work - all that spreading herself too thin on half a relationship stuff I think could well be another way of her saying its over without coming straight out with it.

Thing is that if full committment is there and the feelings for someone are 100% then the 2 people in a relationship draw closer together despite the adversity and get strength from each other to face the problems. The opposite is true.

Best thing for you to do is straighten it out by you both being honest. Cant hide from it or cover over it with excuses - its a fundamental problem that needs outing.

Amen:)

Novadex
22-02-08, 01:21 PM
png's agony aunt corner lol

women are there for 3 things............

1. sex
2. blow jobs
3. cooking.

everything else i can do myself :D lol

I cant belive you just said that?!? Its men like you that screw it for the rest of us, you totally forgot cleaning!!

NovaJackie
22-02-08, 02:39 PM
give her space.. sometimes all it takes is to not be around as much - then they realise what they had before.

Sounds like shes initiating this so let her sort it out..?

16v Nova Kev
22-02-08, 03:57 PM
personally i think they are all just snakes with t1ts lol
look on the bright side no bird=more free time

draper
22-02-08, 06:50 PM
Get over it

leg-end !!

Ricky G
22-02-08, 08:18 PM
i personally think it sounds like an excuse to finish with you. surely she would want you to respect the fact she is dedicated to her work, but would want you there for when she is'nt working to enjoy time with you.
but hang on...when it comes to women we wont ever know the right thing to do...so i guess just go with the flow and dont put any pressure on her atall. if youre a good catch she will be in touch when she realise's what she is missing. if not then go with phill sutton's advice.

mowgli
24-02-08, 12:52 PM
I once met a man who claimed he knew how to understand women, but he was gay......women do need space, my wife wants me to build an extension.

now to the serious stuff.....

I've been married for 13 years, I met her 7 years before that. everything takes hard work & compromise, & I am rarely correct, never in fact. just tell her you will be there for her, & give her a bit of room

Matt2107
26-02-08, 01:04 PM
Then shag her sister or her mom if she doesnt come back.

carrie_girl_wonder
26-02-08, 02:10 PM
Has anyone ever broken up with someone due to circumstances, despite the fact that you are both still very much attracted to each other? I'm wondering if there is anyone on here who could help me out?

yeh me and my ex broke up cause he went to york uni and then moved back to norfolk,so when he did come back from uni i would hav had to go all the way there as well.also i found out later on that he just wanted to be single for uni anyways :/ but initially we did still like each other.

what you need to do is talk it through and be really honoest with each other thats th best way

Jack
26-02-08, 02:48 PM
Then shag her sister and her mom in a threesome orgy if she doesnt come back.
:cool: