PDA

View Full Version : Price for spraying a car ?

barnell
21-02-08, 11:39 AM
Im thinking about spraying my nova.
I want to do a proper job and take off the old paint..
Any ideas how much this would rougthly cost?

hendrix
21-02-08, 12:37 PM
1k wont be too far off IMO

Matt2107
21-02-08, 12:58 PM
Get what you pay for.

If anyone says they'll do it for less than ?800 I'd walk away to be honest.
If you're gonna strip down the shell completely so all they have to do is "prep, then spray" you'll save a lot on labour costs.

Probably not much point in "prepping" yourself as any half decent sprayer will want to go over it himself anyway.

Lee H
21-02-08, 01:02 PM
?1k plus as no doubt rust will be found that will need sorting etc.

Riggy
21-02-08, 02:16 PM
yeah as lee said min ?1k really , unless one of your best mate's is a sprayer lol (i really am lucky)

Mike
21-02-08, 03:31 PM
Aye, i got qouted a minimum of ?500 to a max of ?1k (without sprayer seeing vehicle) This was a Crash Repair place that deals with insurance work too.

He did advise me to self prep (if I can) the higher price included all door shuts, window reveals, internal and external of bonnet & boot AND the engine bay providing i removed the engine.

Lee H
21-02-08, 05:29 PM
I paid a fair bit more than ?1k but had the bay all seam sealed, couple of patches welded in, all the underneath stripped, repaired and repainted, doors delocked, front wings rolled, rear arches tidied up, bumpers smoothed of the texture and full respray inside and out. I took a bare shell down pretty much as well.

raymond
21-02-08, 05:30 PM
my other half is paying just sort of 1k on her 106 rallye although she is getting abit more work done than just a respray you would atleast to pay 1k unless like carl says one of your mates is a painter

or family member and it wont cost you a penny :D

ReeceH
21-02-08, 05:54 PM
lucky for me i have a mate who does nice cheap spray jobs and currently building his own spraybooth, i may have to start being nicer to him lol

raymond
21-02-08, 06:28 PM
lol even luckier for me i have a mate who is a painter and my younger brother is a painter and it costs me free lol

ill just say thanks aidi and marco :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

lee coley
21-02-08, 06:35 PM
im a painter.

?1-?1.5k to paint a bare shell thats been acid dipped.

slickman7
21-02-08, 08:38 PM
wat about spraying indivdual body parts such as spoiler or bumper

Big_Chap
21-02-08, 09:29 PM
yeah as lee said min ?1k really , unless one of your best mate's is a sprayer lol (i really am lucky)

ain't that the truth! :thumb: :eek:

lee coley
22-02-08, 07:00 AM
cant say without looking at panels.Also id blend the adjesant panels.

andy_srt40
22-02-08, 07:19 AM
im a painter.

?1-?1.5k to paint a bare shell thats been acid dipped.

that sounds more like it for a job you would be happy with, some painters can paint but you end up goign back every time you wash your car and find more imperfections

IME its better just pay the money for a good job as it will look worse eventually if you have to keep going back to have lumps, bumps, and patches, runs etc polished out coz you didn't get your wallet out lol

wilson_sri
22-02-08, 07:51 PM
2k for mines, including welding rear quarters on.