PDA

View Full Version : nova van cool or not????

ben doodar
21-02-08, 10:27 AM
Hiya, i know a lad who will soon be selling his nova van shell, with it being harder and harder to find a good solid rot free nova these days, im really temted by this for a future project. i wasnt too keen by the van at first, but with it being very solid and rot free, im really tempted. ive not seen it for a while so i have not yet looked, but i hear people say its straight forward to put back windows in to a van which i imagine would be easy enough. I was just wondering peoples opinion really. Get the van live with it???? Get the van and chop out the windows???? Leave the van alone????

blackpoolbouncer
21-02-08, 10:51 AM
Leave it as a van,nova vans are cool :thumb:

Iain
21-02-08, 10:52 AM
Do whatever you want to do with it! If it's a good shell it'd be silly to say no just because it's van though.

BenNova
21-02-08, 11:19 AM
keep the van dude, vans are cool!

Aamir
21-02-08, 11:34 AM
There are cool vans & there are sh1t vans, it's what & how well your mods are done that gets respect !

Van has advantage over usual 3dr nova as a track car & as a ice (sound-off) car, all depends what you're into :cool:

Jack
21-02-08, 12:17 PM
Condition is more important tbh. Although you could probably sell the van panels for profit.

Won't a van need to be insured as a commercial vehicle though?

TIDGE
21-02-08, 02:04 PM
nova vans cool. i love em in white:thumb:

nova_carb
21-02-08, 02:34 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/nova_carb/13122007130.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/nova_carb/13122007131.jpg

Very Cool!! :)

TIDGE
21-02-08, 04:11 PM
as i said very cool in white even cooler ^^:thumb: nice car nova carb

nova_carb
21-02-08, 04:12 PM
its not mine...but i really wish it was...:)
id love a van...especially a white one..:D

J4MES
21-02-08, 04:35 PM
As RJ says its all about condition, if its as straight as you think it is get it then decide what to do with it!!

matthew172
21-02-08, 04:46 PM
nova vans are the daddies, if i could find a clean one id deffo buy it

ReeceH
21-02-08, 06:03 PM
nova vans are awesome! i really need to get mine on the road now like! lol

KITT1972
21-02-08, 06:19 PM
I have a van and they are very cool, dont change it to a car be different like me.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb276/KITT1972/P6260198.jpg:D

Adam
21-02-08, 06:21 PM
I know of a j-plate 1.5td van for sale near-ish me, ?400.
Was tempted myself actually lol

Count Vaux Alot
21-02-08, 06:50 PM
Vans are very cool buy it (or give me the blokes number and i will) and keep it as a van.....i only went for my corsa van as i couldn't find a nova van!

Count Vaux Alot
21-02-08, 06:53 PM
Vans are cool!!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg167/Count85/160220081026.jpg

:D :D :D

dave.gsi
21-02-08, 07:15 PM
vans are poop :p

why vauxhall ever made a nova/corsa van in the first place is beyond me. vans were designed because cars were too small to carry stuff, what use is a car sized van to anyone? pointless if you ask me.

i don't even think they make them that small anymore do they? smallest i can think of is a transit connect?

boyle_46
21-02-08, 07:37 PM
vaux combo ? pretty small .

dave.gsi
21-02-08, 07:48 PM
true, but its a corsa front with a box on the back, so its big enough to fit some stuff in.

cars without windows do not equal a van!

Count Vaux Alot
21-02-08, 07:57 PM
vans are poop :p

why vauxhall ever made a nova/corsa van in the first place is beyond me. vans were designed because cars were too small to carry stuff, what use is a car sized van to anyone? pointless if you ask me.

i don't even think they make them that small anymore do they? smallest i can think of is a transit connect?

Do you have some thing wrong with you? As a non van owner how do you know how useful they are? its obvious why they made small vans....people don't always carry massive things ie mechanics, plumbers, carpenter tools, dogs, small parcels the list goes on but they do want a flat secure surface (the back of a small van) to put them in and plenty of small vans still exist eg the 206, corsa, punto, clio, lol lol lol lol

dave.gsi
21-02-08, 08:20 PM
Do you have some thing wrong with you? As a non van owner how do you know how useful they are? its obvious why they made small vans....people don't always carry massive things ie mechanics, plumbers, carpenter tools, dogs, small parcels the list goes on but they do want a flat secure surface (the back of a small van) to put them in and plenty of small vans still exist eg the 206, corsa, punto, clio, lol lol lol lol

i do own a van, a LWB renault master. its huge, just how a van should be. :thumb:

mechanics......
why do they need a small van? all their tools will be in the workshop surely? and a mobile mechanic will need a big van to carry all his tools.

plumbers.......
i know a few plumbers and they all have large vans. its not just their tools they carry but large radiators, lengths of copper pipe, full bathroom suites etc

carpenters.....
again, lots of tools plus lengths of timber. try putting a job lot of timber into a car without windows - never going to happen

dogs.....
they fit in cars don't they?

and no, i don't have anything wrong with me, people who own cars without windows and call them vans may well do though :p lol

Count Vaux Alot
21-02-08, 08:45 PM
i do own a van, a LWB renault master. its huge, just how a van should be. :thumb:

mechanics......
why do they need a small van? all their tools will be in the workshop surely? and a mobile mechanic will need a big van to carry all his tools.

plumbers.......
i know a few plumbers and they all have large vans. its not just their tools they carry but large radiators, lengths of copper pipe, full bathroom suites etc

carpenters.....
again, lots of tools plus lengths of timber. try putting a job lot of timber into a car without windows - never going to happen

dogs.....
they fit in cars don't they?

and no, i don't have anything wrong with me, people who own cars without windows and call them vans may well do though :p lol

Oh i see it all now a white van man, LWB renault master just how a van should be lol i suppost all of those trades need massive vans to make their selfs feel like real men just how they should lol and they need all their tools at once, they dont do any thing else that may need some thing small and econonical. you asked for the point i gave you several if you dont like it or dont agree thats fair enough....but white van man please lol lol

dave.gsi
21-02-08, 08:50 PM
its all about the 'length', you can deliver a 'massive load' if you have 'the length' lol :D

Count Vaux Alot
21-02-08, 09:00 PM
Yer! or reverse it into something and claim it was in your 'blind spot' lol mr long lol

dave.gsi
21-02-08, 09:04 PM
haha true. i almost side swiped a young girl in a corsa the other day. coming off a slip road onto the motorway, checked my mirror, nothing there, pulled out......beeeeeeeeep!!

'where the F*** did she come from!!'

bloody blind spot, pain in the ass lol

Lynsey
23-02-08, 03:08 PM
Which van you getting Ben? :D Chris's old one?

ben doodar
26-02-08, 04:55 PM
yh thats the 1 lynz kevs bought it, its got no interior or engine in it, but wot i can rember of it its as solid as a rock. goin go up at the weekend.

dave.gsi
26-02-08, 06:22 PM
^^ and in english that says what exactly?

ben doodar
27-02-08, 12:54 PM
f#ck u, prick! u can read it, your just being a cocky dick!!!!! it all comes from the world of txt and mobile phones, clearly you havnt many friends and rnt used to it. no wonder being such a cock!!

dave.gsi
27-02-08, 03:35 PM
^ it takes no longer to type out the correct spelling of words, you're just being a lazy little chav. just because you type like that to all your chav mates doesn't mean you can do it here, sort it out, people get banned for retarded typing like that. you wouldn't be the first and i doubt very much you'll be the last :thumb:

Lynsey
27-02-08, 08:30 PM
Moving on... Yeah Ben, as far as I know it is solid. I think the bodywork needs attention but I have a few ideas for that ;)

blue_peg_16v
27-02-08, 08:37 PM
vans are cool mate at the end of the day if you dont like vans you can always remove the panels and put glass in them and make it into a 3dr

Lynsey
27-02-08, 08:46 PM
No way :o if you don't want a van, sell it to someone who does! BTW Ben also has a GSi so there is defo no need to change it! PLEASE don't!