PDA

View Full Version : wierd lumps

boyle_46
20-02-08, 10:34 PM
Im not being wierd here but tonight was the first time i sat in the passenger side of my car , and to be honest it was freekishly scary , i thought my legs where sitting up very high and close to the dash and thinking dear god this is pretty uncomfortable , anyway il cut the crap does all novas have a high sitting passenger side floor ? i mean it feels high in one particular area then if i move my feet down it's almost like a slope and feels ok again ? i was completly :S by it i started to pull my carpet up but thought its best not too incase its something small , but on the other hand il cry if its serious any ideas fellas ? sorry and ladies too . thanks Nath

peester
20-02-08, 10:48 PM
i think its just the 'feeling' kinda thing, the passenger seat isnt higher - unless its been fitted with base model seat/subframe and the drivers is using a GTE/GSi subframe...?
Dodgy car or dodgy you.. if u get me. lol

dannyb
20-02-08, 10:49 PM
I thought this was going to be a testicular cancer scare thread or something! Do you mean the floor feels uneven? Also what seats do you have?

chimp007_uk
20-02-08, 10:55 PM
I thought this was going to be a testicular cancer scare thread or something!

same lol

boyle_46
20-02-08, 11:05 PM
no i can assure my testicals are fine lol ive standard seats in it .

Jack
20-02-08, 11:07 PM
I get the same in the Celica, just doesn't feel right sitting in the passenger seat lol

IIRC the position of the seat (forward/backwards wise) could have an affect, as I'm pretty sure Nova subframes lift the seat up a bit if you push the seat forward...

fearless
20-02-08, 11:22 PM
Another observation you probably made whilst sat with your head touching the roof lining was I bet the car felt faster when your not in control :)

boyle_46
20-02-08, 11:27 PM
corners felt like a rubber dingy in the bearing sea , and yea knees crushed against the dash , il show a pik of jus the size of me compared to the car lol

boyle_46
20-02-08, 11:35 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/boyle_46/DSC00487.jpg

Matt2107
21-02-08, 08:26 AM
corners felt like a rubber dingy in the bearing sea , and yea knees crushed against the dash , il show a pik of jus the size of me compared to the car lol

Is your seat put right forward?
Also having your hands on the steering wheel is another point of contact thus holding you into the seat through the bends a little more. When your in the passenger side all you've got is a belt and whatever else you can grab hold of. (not your testicles by the way)

I quite enjoy taking a trip in the passenger side of my FTO as you can concerntrate more on listening to the car. I've got a creak from one of the rubber bushes but I'll be buggered if I can figure out which one.

craig green
21-02-08, 12:05 PM
A car usually feels a smoother drive from the passenger seat, yet scarier (as its your car).

The poverty spec Nova seats do tilt up as they are slid further back (as Jack says) however the sports seats can be raised on the subframes, there are 2 mounting holes fr & rear where they mount to the sliding subframes. Maybe someone has fitted them in the raised position?

As for the floor pan, its not unusual for the floor pan to be buckled from poor jacking or even a mild floor collision. Just beat it back flat with some wood & a hammer.