PDA

View Full Version : 1300 Jetted 32/34 on 1.2 Carb?

matt_vaughan
20-02-08, 08:56 PM
Searched for this but no joy.

I'm sure someone will have tried this somewhere along the line so I've got to ask...

If I put a 32/34 Weber jetted for a 1.3 SR on my 1.2 carb engine (standard at the moment) will it be over juiced???

Cheers

Royston
20-02-08, 09:06 PM
Should be able to get it jetted to suit if it is too far out, can't see it being a mile out, std mixture screw should have some scope to adjust

garyc
20-02-08, 09:09 PM
I would have thought so, only a trip to the rolling road will tell you.

Royston
20-02-08, 09:11 PM
I would have thought so, only a trip to the rolling road will tell you.

Quite right:thumb:

matt_vaughan
20-02-08, 09:13 PM
Aint it a little pointless taking a near standard 1.2 for a RR sesion though?

Also how is 65 quid for a 32/34 + 1.3 sr inlet + K&N ???

andy_srt40
20-02-08, 09:49 PM
not a bad rice if it doesn;t need rebuilding,

there is every point in takin it to an RR coz if you don't it will run rich and wash teh bores wich will ultimately end in the rings failing and then it will be a dead 1.2 lol

seriously though, you can change the jet to one which is for a 1.2 just find out from a weber dealer which size you need, as weber's have interchangable jets

giive the guy who runs www.fastroadcars.co.uk (http://www.fastroadcars.co.uk) (anthony) a call and he should be able to sort you out with the info and parts you need a jet will cost you pennies mate and save you a massive headache.

matt_vaughan
20-02-08, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the info Andy.

I'm not after ricing my car, I need to keep the engine a 1.2 so I can compete in a specific autotest class this year. So, odviously, I want to get as much out of it as possible.

Cheers again.

andy_srt40
21-02-08, 08:00 AM
cool, get it set up properly then, it will run so much better and quicker with the fueling setup right and the ignition advance wound up for 98 ron fuel, rather than it being rich and bogging all the time