PDA

View Full Version : Little help needed.

Jcb
19-02-08, 03:28 PM
As most of you might know I had a wee knock in the Nova, motor factors had most of the replacement parts except one. So technically this should be in parts wanted but I don't actually know what part it is I need.

I think my mechanic said the "tie bar" or something? It's a rod coming from the wheel toward the front bumper which is curved. The motor factor says the part is OEM only and Vauxhall say they can't order it in because they don't exist anymore. Therefore the last resort is second hand right? If anyone might know what i'm after and even better if they have one, I'd be very greatful.

Thanks.

burgo
19-02-08, 03:37 PM
indeed they are called a tie bar.

Jcb
19-02-08, 03:41 PM
All I know is it isn't the tracking bar...

Anyway, are these the same on all Novas? Or do I have to get a perticular one?

Oh, and I need a left hand one.

burgo
19-02-08, 03:42 PM
yes mate they are all the same. im sure if you put a wanted post up for the tie bar you require you will get one

Jcb
19-02-08, 03:45 PM
Thanks, I'll do it now.

andy_srt40
19-02-08, 04:24 PM
no they're not the same, the gte/gsi one's a are thicker and more sturdy than the 1.2 etc and stop the chassis flexing as much to improve handling on the bigger capacity novas

mikey14sr
19-02-08, 04:55 PM
GTE/GSi and late SRi are thicker (SRi purely because they wanted to use up the stock at the factory). They don't stop the chassis flexing as much, they stop the lower suspension flexing as much.