PDA

View Full Version : Changing engine on V5

Jack
19-02-08, 12:54 PM
If I change the engine on the V5 for the saloon to reflect the XE, do I need to supply the engine number as well?

If so, wheres the engine number on a 20XE lol

nova ian
19-02-08, 01:31 PM
Not sure on your first question,

However XE engine number can be found on the edge of the block where the gearbox mounts, at the front

Big_Chap
19-02-08, 01:34 PM
Yes, its at the front on the ridge beside where the engine and gearbox join

Iain
19-02-08, 02:07 PM
I'd imagine you need to supply the new engine code and number or the logbook will still show the original code/number. If you're sending the document off you might as well change it all?

John
19-02-08, 02:14 PM
Yes you need to put the engine no. on. Dvla are absolutely fecking useless with this. It's better to do it whilst the car is not licensced. Saying that thought i've sent mine in when my tax ran out at the end of feb, and still not heard anything yet. It'd better be here for the r/r day!!

Paul
19-02-08, 02:14 PM
All you have to do is put in the engine number from the 20xe motor, found either on the logbook/or on the front edge that meets where the gearbox would mate to the block, by the dipstick.

It will automatically register it as a 2.0 for you.

Paul

Jack
19-02-08, 02:23 PM
If you're sending the document off you might as well change it all?
I would, but I wanted to get the V5 sent off before I forget again - I don't live with the car and won't be seeing it for a couple weeks at the earliest, so won't be able to make a note of the engine number til then :(

Poo, looks like I won't be able to get it sorted in time for the RR day :(