PDA

View Full Version : White Dials!

Anonymous
28-10-00, 01:23 PM
I want to put some white dials in my 1990 nova SR - I have been told it is more hassle than it is worth, taking the dash out, painting the needles etc. Could anyone tell me if they have done this and how difficult it is.

Anonymous
28-10-00, 02:09 PM
I have white dials on my nova. All you do is push a screwdriver under the clocks and prise them out then disconnect the cables. The plastic cover is fastened on by some screws take these out and take off the cover. This is the hard bit, Carefully lift the needles over the stops and wait for the spring to relax. Do this on all of the dials. Next mark where the needles are pointing so that when you put them back on they will read the correct info. To get the needles off use a fork to gently prise off the needles. Then all you need to do is paint the needles and stick the white dials in. Put the needles back on with them facing the marks you made earlier. Then put it all back together and stand back and admire. I hope this helps.

Anonymous
28-10-00, 06:35 PM
I did mine a while ago and it didn`t take too long, just use two teaspoons to prise the needles off. Also when u`ve fitted the clox back to the dash, give the speedo cable a little tug at the gearbox end, they can kink and snap otherwise.

Anonymous
28-10-00, 06:37 PM
ROB I TOLD U HOW TO DO THIS AGES AGO.