PDA

View Full Version : Chassis Number Request

nova1600
19-02-08, 11:44 AM
A strange request I know. I'm not on the fiddle or anything. Its just I need to order some genuine parts for my rally car and the local dealer is useless at looking up things without a chassis number. They won't take stuff back because they have to order most of the bits I want so at least if I have a chassis number they it should be right.
So am looking for GSI/GTE Nova chassis number.

Could you private message it to me as I'm sure people wouldn't want their chassis number out in the open.

Thanks

PS. Are the saloon doors the same as the hatchback nova.

burgo
19-02-08, 01:43 PM
cant help you with chassis number but saloon doors are the same as a hatch

fix
19-02-08, 01:46 PM
Id say the best thing is to get the bumber from a nova in the scrappers

Stuart
19-02-08, 02:10 PM
you dont need a chassis number, your dealers are just beineg ****s

Mike
19-02-08, 02:21 PM
Aye as Stu said, you dont need chassis numbers to order bits from GM at all!

nova1600
19-02-08, 03:17 PM
Yeah they are becuase the store guy is new in there and hasn't a clue. I've ordered bits off him last month and he made a hames of it. Do you remember when store guys could rattle things off their head.
It would just make things easier all round if I can get a chassis number. It would make me confident that he is ordering the right items.

burgo
19-02-08, 03:41 PM
i dont think anyone will give you there chassis number mate.

purhaps a better idea would be to put a list of what parts you want then people with epc's can get you the part numbers of the parts you require. then you can take that list of part numbers to your local dealer and get the correct parts

nova1600
19-02-08, 05:24 PM
Ok,

Looking for the part numbers for the baulk rings for the F13 gearbox. I think there is two types.
CV Joints Inner and Outer
Wheel Bearings for front and rear.
Stub Axles and stub axle bolts.
Track rod ends

Thanks

I don't know how to reg num to get chassis num. Live in Eire, we don't have that system.

mikey14sr
19-02-08, 05:40 PM
Inner and outer cv's are going to depend on how many splines are at either end of each drive shaft, 28 or 22 spline shafts were fitted at random, sometimes 1 of each on one car.

Wheel bearings and track-rod ends you shouldn't need a part number for, my local motor factors can find them within 3 mins of me asking for them.

Mike
19-02-08, 05:51 PM
All of the above can be sourced from outside GM dealers

nova1600
19-02-08, 06:44 PM
I know that, but spurious isn't always up to scratch especially on a rally car.

mikey14sr
19-02-08, 07:09 PM
Oh no, not that word again! (for anyone who missed that thread, spurious = fake, or non-genuine).

Most of the non-gen parts you can get are actually made by the same people that make the genuine stuff, it's just cheaper because it doesn't have the vauxhall packaging on it.