PDA

View Full Version : Nova Front Bumper

vaughanmc
18-02-08, 10:51 PM
I put my front bumper back on after having a new front panel welded on and a new passenger wing

To find out the front bumper doesn't sit right and it seems to 'sag' in the middle

Any ideas as to what could be causing it to drop in the middle?
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/vaughanmc/My%20Nova/NovaRebuild79.jpg
Vaughan :thumb:

Leeboo
19-02-08, 12:04 AM
I'm not entirely sure but I'd hazard a guess that the front bumper iron bar thingy isn't in the right place as this is where the bumper slots into. Because the grille etc looks spot on.

Welsh Dan
19-02-08, 12:11 AM
Slacken the 4 bolts that hold the bumper irons in, prop up the bumper to where it needs to be, then tighten up the bolts again.

vaughanmc
19-02-08, 07:42 AM
Cheers lads I'll give it a try at the weekend

Is the bumper iron the bit thats in behind the bumper ?

Welsh Dan
19-02-08, 07:49 AM
Yes, the bolts I'm referring to pass through the chassis legs from inside the arches.

mikey14sr
19-02-08, 10:43 AM
Yep there is a fair degree of adjustment available with the four main mounting bolts, and there's also a bit available where the brackets that go into the chassis leg bolt onto the bumper iron too. In fact, I've got almost an inch of adjustment in total on my SR.

This pic gives a rough idea of where the bolts are for anyone who doesn't know where they are (well you can just see one of the holes at the right hand side),
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/Project/HPIM1947.jpg

vaughanmc
19-02-08, 05:10 PM
Aye I know the ones - My dad doesn't want to take it back off but I'll make him do it :)

burgo
19-02-08, 05:12 PM
Aye I know the ones - My dad doesn't want to take it back off but I'll make him do it :)you dont need to take it off again. just slacken the bolts, pull the bumper up to the right place then tighten the bolts again

vaughanmc
19-02-08, 05:14 PM
Ahh that will convince him - Cheers for that :)

I'll let you know how I get on

Dave.
19-02-08, 05:25 PM
thats what i did with mine when i fitted the gsi one.. them bolts in the inner arches, then nip up the bolts on the iron once fixed and pop it back on, my gsi one was sagging when in put it on too :thumb:

mikey14sr
19-02-08, 05:41 PM
Yep just slacken them off a bit and get someone to hold the bumper at the right level while you tighten them back up.

vaughanmc
19-02-08, 06:18 PM
Cheers for that :) I'll get a mate round at the weekend