PDA

View Full Version : Jamex Lowering Kits???

RYAN16V
17-02-08, 09:23 PM
Hi Guys

Anyone got any info on Jamex suspension Kits?

What they are like Etc...?

Regards

Ryan

Edwin
17-02-08, 10:07 PM
JAMEX???? It is wurse then sh*t!! Jamex is dutchs and we dutch, do NOT want to do anything with jamex. it's cheap but still to mutch for the qwality you'r getting. Keep saving and buy somthing beter.

Mike
17-02-08, 10:12 PM
I totally disagree to the above. Ive used a set before & found the poundage and rebond rates on the springs are actually quite good! However the shocks i think are a little to soft.

The shocks i have are oil filled (as oppose to gas) to cure the issue of them being a little to soft, i drained them of hydrolic fluid, and had them filled up with hydrolic oil used in a plant machinery with a compression lb upto 10tonne :D soon solved.

RYAN16V
17-02-08, 10:49 PM
so are they ok mike not for track use or anthing just road use?

regards

Ryan

Mike
17-02-08, 10:52 PM
Essentially yes IMHO.

Its like being at school, if your trainers aint a "branded" name everyone reckons theres sh1t. Happens all the time on car sites regarding parts etc.

Where as people assume wrong IMO. There good at what they do to an extent. There not brilliant, there just adeqaute for the job in hand (Road Use) for a small block Nova.

vaughanmc
17-02-08, 10:52 PM
Is Jamex and G-Max the same or similar ?

Always wondered...

Steve
17-02-08, 11:34 PM
Dont think so, my a-reg is fitted with jamex springs and monroe shocks, and they worked fine for a 1600.

Obviously you cant compare them to coilovers or more expensive kits like spax etc.. but for the price they do the job

mikey14sr
18-02-08, 09:47 AM
I had a full jamex kit on my SR. It is a little stiffer than standard, but it is just as comfy as the standard stuff imo. I did once have a play on elvington airfield with it, and it wasn't very good, lots of roll (with 2 16 stone plus guys in the front), and seemingly very little rebound control.

For scratching around country lanes though, it felt fairly good.

Please bear in mind that my shell was stitch welded and I had poly bushes at the front too.