PDA

View Full Version : autograss car

phatwake360
17-02-08, 07:04 PM
hi peeps

im quite new to the vaux world so please be gentle

right anyways
im building a 1.3 autograss car and could do with some info on how to get the best out of it need more power captain :tard:

i had swatch at the faq's but i can really find much, soooo please share your secrets, also the cheeaper the mod the better, after info like whats the best g/box wot cam can i use one from another car???

im also after parts mainly doors and wings front bumpers dont really matter what condition there in cheers :thumb:

garyc
17-02-08, 07:37 PM
Whats your budget?lol

phatwake360
17-02-08, 07:46 PM
as little as poss :cry: theres certain restrictions on wat you can and cant do, will a flywheel from a 1.4 fit a 1.3?????????

garyc
17-02-08, 08:21 PM
everything has to stay std. the best thing you can do is get the head skimmed to the limit 94mm (check that) and if you can stretch to it 3 angle valve seats.

you'll need a4 branch exhaust. Uprated shockers are a must. Have you spent too much yet?

phatwake360
18-02-08, 03:59 PM
not really bought a complete car towards the end of last season just wanna be able to get the best out of it

chimp007_uk
18-02-08, 04:02 PM
if you can three angled valve seats are must, improve the flow no end, especially if you're not allowed to port the head.

garyc
18-02-08, 04:42 PM
what carb & inlet set up has it got on it?

phatwake360
18-02-08, 07:23 PM
you got any info on the 3 angled seat???

not to sure wot carb but the inlet is the astra one and 4branch exhaust

Ricky G
18-02-08, 07:31 PM
also find out what diff people are running at the track you are racing at.
im starting on a banger track in non contact and finding the right setup is most important thing and not how much power you can gain. best thing to do is ask everyone in your class. especialy those at the top how they go as quick as they do. and learn from them.

garyc
18-02-08, 08:13 PM
You have to go to an engine builder or engine machine shop for the seats and valves to be cut. Where are you in the country? You will need to take the cylinder head off and take it along for them to do. Budget another ?30 for bolts and gaskets. Depending upon age and condition it may be worth fitting a new cam, you'll have to check what yours is like.