PDA

View Full Version : interior styling help

minke
29-07-02, 12:15 AM
does anyone know where I could get some metal/metal look air vents from for a mk II dash. I think the plastic ones look crap!!

ade
29-07-02, 12:31 AM
If you dont mind them not adjusting, you could always cut out the swiuvel bits and fit mesh? Could look pretty smart. That fine stuff u can get from B&Q - bout ?7 for a pretty large sheet wuld work well...

Dunno where you can get metal effect ones though - could you not spray them chrome? could look kak though if not dun well...

ade

blaiz
29-07-02, 01:26 PM
try n luk at ova cars interiors, eiva standard or modidfed. c if any ova car has got em chrome...?!

admitedly if theyre frm anuva car they probly wudnt fit strait in, but it may b worth a go...!?

pickle2000
29-07-02, 02:41 PM
If you really want to push the boat out, you could take the plastic vent apart and send it off to a foundry to get them to cast it in metal.... that way they will be a direct replacement, and they should be fine to re-cast since they were made through a plastic mould in the first place.

HTH
Pickle

Nova1.6
29-07-02, 03:45 PM
cant ya just spray em with silver paint then put a shiney varnish on or summit?

novatec
29-07-02, 05:24 PM
Folia Tec do spray that'll work or normal spray from halfords as long as you use plastic primer. Folia Tec is more expensive and I think they've both just as good as long as you use it right.

Shermonator - Shake Ya Shimmy!!

minke
30-07-02, 12:50 AM
cheers lads