PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 8v SRi fuel pump

NovaGuy1400SRi
15-02-08, 10:11 PM
hey guys,

having a bit of trouble with my 1.4 8v SRi engine in the nova, its getting fuel and a spark, but wont always run, take the plugs out and they are soaked, wondering if this could be down to using a fuel pump from a 16v calibra? fuel pump i got for the nova wasnt working properly so i just put the calibra one on, looked the same and worked better, but could it be putting too much petrol through? yet sometimes the car runs fine with no problems...

any help appreciated, John.

Adam
15-02-08, 11:48 PM
It wont be down the pump.

Is the ecu light coming on when driving?

just vaux trev
15-02-08, 11:57 PM
i had the same prob today with mine is the filter still on the fuel pump in the tank??

NovaGuy1400SRi
16-02-08, 12:55 AM
the pump isnt in the tank, could it be the fuel pressure regulator then?

adam the car aint on the road just now, but the engine management light is on quite alot.

also when i put the indicators on, the rev counter bounces up and down.

John.

NovaGuy1400SRi
19-02-08, 04:06 PM
bttt, still having problems, could it be the fuel pressure regulator?

John.

meritlover
19-02-08, 04:54 PM
yes it could. but it would probably not be the regulator. it is easy to fix a pressure gauge to the SR fuel rail so why not try that?

have you tied cranking the car with the throttle wide opens? or disconnect the fuel pump relay and crank it up. if the engine fires over or wants to start that will prove the other systems. it may just be flooded.

mikey14sr
19-02-08, 04:59 PM
the pump isnt in the tank, could it be the fuel pressure regulator then?

adam the car aint on the road just now, but the engine management light is on quite alot.

also when i put the indicators on, the rev counter bounces up and down.

John.

EARTH fault, mine did a similar trick after the last rebuild, wipers and lights would suddenly come on and the engine would cut out. Moving the gearbox earth where it meets the chassis leg cured it as the captive nut in the leg had almost completely rusted away, probably due to damp and electrolitic erosion.