PDA

View Full Version : i want a nova again

scooby_andy
15-02-08, 08:21 PM
its been a while since i last owned a nova but all i have is good memories of it, it was only a 1.2 but at the time it was good enough for me
now i own an impreza and find myself looking back at nova and thinking i want 1 again

what are the 2l 16v conversions like
has anyone made a rwd 2l 16v-is this possible

Lee
15-02-08, 08:26 PM
Hi Andy.

A valver conversion is easy or difficult depending on how good you are with the spanners. You'd need to weld the engine bay up, other than that the lump itself will slot in with minimal modifications. Also, the car only ends up as good as the attention you pay to the rest of the car such as suspension / brakes and setup.

Most RWD novas have involved welding the front end of an Astra into the back, with varying results lol. The only proper amateur RWD Nova I know of is Austins, which has a proper FR setup, utilising a spaceframed front end. There are plenty of rally efforts about though.

scooby_andy
15-02-08, 08:35 PM
im used to 4wd now so powerfull fwd will be fun to get used to
im used to 4500 launches and no wheel spin at all

the rwd seems like too much of a mission to sort out properly

what the gsi like for power its been a while since i have looked into novas

Lee
15-02-08, 08:40 PM
Standard power is 100bhp, although expect a few of those horses to have bolted due to age. Wont feel fast at all compared to the scoob im afraid.

You could go for a LET (2.0 Turbo), thats a standard 200bhp with plenty of tuneability :)

burgo
15-02-08, 08:42 PM
Standard power is 100bhp, although expect a few of those horses to have bolted due to age. Wont feel fast at all compared to the scoob im afraid.

You could go for a LET (2.0 Turbo), thats a standard 1200bhp with plenty of tuneability :)you sure about that lee :tard:

Philsutton
15-02-08, 08:45 PM
lmfao where can I get one of the 1200bhp standard lets from mr lee, I want one.

Most RWD novas have involved welding the front end of an Astra into the back

we put the front end of a nova into the back, we only tack welded it in with about three spot welds. After a weekend of doing donuts the whole of it fell out lol.

Lee
you sure about that lee :tard:

Yeah, i noticed the extra 1 lol

scooby_andy
i was really after the nova for some fun on the track as a second car
(stripped out + cage)

the gf wont let me put a cage in the scoob and the nova has always been a favourite of mine

scooby_andy
15-02-08, 08:47 PM
lmfao where can I get one of the 1200bhp standard lets from mr lee, I want one.

we put the front end of a nova into the back, we only tack welded it in with about three spot welds. After a weekend of doing donuts the whole of it fell out lol.

lol i bet that was fun

Lee
15-02-08, 08:48 PM
Youve come to the right place if you want to build a track nova :)

Check out the Projects section for some inspiration :)

Also click the link in my sig to see some incar videos.

scooby_andy
15-02-08, 08:54 PM
cheers

now to get the girlfriend round to the idea that a works van, an impreza for the road and a nova for the track is a good idea

CP
15-02-08, 11:12 PM
I don't know the spec of your scooby mate so i'm not meaning any offence or another person slagging off scoobies, but I've not come across any fairly stdish road going scoobies on track that were anything like as rapid as the faster novas sorted for track use. I think it will be a good move and you'll have loads of fun plus you wont care too much if you have an off cos you'll only be driving a car thats probably worth more in bits than it is wholelol

For serious fun you want to be stripped out down to around 700kg and have at least 150bhp = about 200hp/tonne + some decent brakes and suspension =:D :D

Look on pistonheads etc - there are possible trackday nova projects aplenty