PDA

View Full Version : GSI running problems

RSTChris
15-02-08, 06:10 PM
Hi lads

Just got my Nova running with a GSI lump fitted, it started and ran 100% perfect even after been standing 3years

Ran it upto temp, fan kicked in as it should, cooled down etc ran it for about an hour in total

Took it for a spin and it was fine for 5 mins then cut out and wouldnt start, the fuel pump is still priming when you flick the ignition on but not as it did before?

Also when i fitted an in tank MPI pump into my SPI tank i ahd to take the end filter off just so it would fit, i know this would stop the pump running if its sucked some sh1t up, has anyone else had this problem?

Could it be the fuel pump relay? can you still get these new? if not has anyone got one?

Thanks in advance

Edwin
15-02-08, 07:42 PM
Do you still have a spark at the sparkplugs? Did you change the fuelfilter when you put in an other fuelpump? Is the breatherhoose from the fueltank stil intakt? The fuelfilter of a tigra mpi has an higher flowrate, so it would be right to change that any way. Water in the fueltank is not uncommen due to an faulty breatherhoose.

Goodluck

staggy_gsi
15-02-08, 09:01 PM
the pump wouldnt work at all if it was the relay. i reckon it could have sucked some crap up into the pump. if i were you id remove the pump and have a look, and then do it properly and fit an MPI tank to prevent it happening again

RSTChris
16-02-08, 06:35 PM
Well the pump had actually seized up!

Ive fitted another in tank MPI pump and its fine, ive also fitted the filter this time round so fingers crossed