Need help???

which coversion do i go for?????

need as much info on both please???

Regards

Ryan

Jack
14-02-08, 01:39 PM
Oh blimey.

First, whats your budget? Sticking an XE in would be a lot cheaper than getting 150bhp from a 1.6, if power output is your thing. More power (over standard) = less reliability too, a 150bhp 1.6 would generally be a more highly stressed engine than a 150bhp 2.0.

What suspension, brakes etc do you have? Is your existing suspension capable of taking the weight of the 2.0? I mean really capable, so not gmax springs lol.

What do you want the car for? If its just a road car with a bit more poke, the 2.0 would do fine, but if you want a B road or track weapon you may want to keep the weight down as much as possible, so a tuned 1.6 may be better.

At the end of the day its up to you really, its very much down to what you want to do with the car - its not just a clear cut choice of "tell me which one I should put in". My choice on my saloon was to put in an XE as I just wanted cheap and easy power, but thats just me, other people prefer different things.

RYAN16V
14-02-08, 01:44 PM
Hi Razor

im wanting a good looking road going weapon with lenty of power!

i have a mint GTE 1 Owner 60,000 mile FVSH so in the market for most parts!!!

Was going to tune the original E16se but for all the tuning i get Xe it cheaper!!!

Regards

Ryan

Anyone got any **** hot guides etc.. where is best to buy all the gear!!!

craig green
14-02-08, 01:45 PM
Seeing as you clearly dont have a preference. I'd say choose the engine which comes up for sale 1st within a suitable distance for you to collect, in a low enough mileage/condition to warrant a transplant.

Also consider the costs of driveshafts, mounts & the necessary plating & welding required with the big block installation.

The 1.6XE is heavily de-tuned anyway, thus its more tunable in affordable stages with monthly savings than it is to get power from the 2.0.

If you want to spend mucho time with the bonnet up showing your mates, go for the 2.0 XE. Most people are still heavily impressed at the sight of that cam cover.....

burgo
14-02-08, 01:45 PM
if by all the gear you mean conversion parts then mr astley is your best bet. just click his banner at the top of the page and you should find all you need

RYAN16V
14-02-08, 03:05 PM
i need as much info pics, diagrams etc... think i going to XE the GTE???

ANYONE INTERESTED IN A CORSA GSI ENGINE BOX AND LOOM???

I GOT A FULL CAR IN CARABIC BLUE????

REGARDS

Ry

Stoo
14-02-08, 03:08 PM
STOP SHOUTING

and

Use the search mate, honestly

this has been covered sooooo many times

FUSION X16XE
14-02-08, 03:50 PM
do you have the whole corsa gsi? may be intrested mate what sort of condition? milage? usual stuff.

RYAN16V
14-02-08, 03:57 PM
corsa is ok needs sideskirts cos some b a s t a r d nicked them no mot or tax!!!! can mot at a price!!!

Adam
14-02-08, 04:18 PM
Post in for sale Ryan, if you have stuff for sale.

As for engine choice, its really down to personal preference.
I went for small block (x16xe) as they are pretty rare in nova's, i could of fitted a 2L for the same money, and i dont AT ALL regret fitting the small block :)

Paul
14-02-08, 04:49 PM
and i dont AT ALL regret fitting the small block :)

LIES! :roll:

Adam
14-02-08, 04:52 PM
lol

No im actually being serious.
How the engine is at the minute, for the size of car, im perfectly happy with :)

Nice and quickish, and not over the top as much as you cant drive without wheelspinning through 3rd gear lol

craig green
14-02-08, 05:06 PM
Or just generally being overcome by exhaust & induction roar, not to mention vague handling & gear selection.... Alternator rubbing the chassis (still) etc

Paul
14-02-08, 05:09 PM
The Small Block Brothers teaming up on me!

No seriosuly its down to persoanl preference, I've never been in a c16xe nova, so cant pass judgment, but 20xe's never seem to dissappoint (sp.)

Martin
14-02-08, 05:10 PM
whats that i cant hear you? my xes on full chat Barrrrrrrrrp lmao..

like paul said its up2 u mate

craig green
14-02-08, 05:12 PM
but 20xe's never seem to dissappoint (sp.)

I agree, if you are after building a hooligan mobile. Utterly noisy as feck. :p

Paul
14-02-08, 05:22 PM
They're hardly a hooligan mobile!

Mine now has a cheap univrsal air filter on and a magnex exhaust system, doesn't make a noise unless you plant your right foot down!

But yes, I DO hear you about some of them, being very noisy etc, but so are some 1.2's!

Now a LET Nova is a different story, you really DO struggle to keep them on the black stuff!