PDA

View Full Version : Interior or not interior

General Lee
13-02-08, 07:46 AM
Hi,

I have a 1.4 nova on the outside has 4 round spot lamps on front rally mudflaps and im wondering if i should rally slag the interior out too what do you think your views.

Cheers

Nath

burgo
13-02-08, 11:18 AM
depends how far you want to strip it and if youve ever been in a stripped car before? the reason i ask is its very loud with a fully stripped interior

Iain
13-02-08, 12:19 PM
It's not too bad. You'll need at least buckets and harnesses to pull off the rally slag look though.

General Lee
13-02-08, 01:50 PM
Well i used to have it all stripped out carpet, roof lining, rear seats and belts all door panels, parts of the dash that were not needed, rear wiper and motor, parcel shelf and qauters, kick panels, and then i put it back in because it got too cold, but now i want it out for a better power to wieght ratio and i want to know if nova enthusiast like a stripped out slag or interior comfort best.

burgo
13-02-08, 01:53 PM
to cold!!! you wimp, wait until you go in a proper stripped car then you'll see what cold is. i prefer stripped out interiors on a weekend toy but daily runner i couldnt be assed with the noise to be honist

General Lee
13-02-08, 02:02 PM
sorry did i say it was too cold,, noooo it was the girlfriend ( cough, Cough)

burgo
13-02-08, 02:03 PM
sorry did i say it was too cold,, noooo it was the girlfriend ( cough, Cough)you mean you had more than one seat in there??? i dont think your trying hard enough

General Lee
13-02-08, 02:10 PM
o yes, driver and co driver hense rally slag!!!

BenNova
13-02-08, 11:03 PM
he does have a point, altho i do think it was him getting cold not his misses! I remember when a certain someone had to use their heater hose for the radiator.... That person also has stripped out interior and it was in the minuses when we were out that night, and on the defensive he didn't look to warm. Sound familiar to anyone ?

Jack
13-02-08, 11:36 PM
Depends what you want the car for really, as Burgo said a daily driver or weekend toy.

I'm an old fart so I'm keeping full interior in my saloon, although I'm not replacing the missing rear seats as I don't really need them.

Timmy
13-02-08, 11:44 PM
i just started running no back seat and so on i like itt for a daily drive. i also had my radio brake on me as well so its so noise all the time but with a nova it only take like 30min to go from stripped ro full inter so why ot run it unitll you have enough.
think of it this way less weight saving you money on fual

Iain
14-02-08, 12:25 AM
I remember when a certain someone had to use their heater hose for the radiator.... That person also has stripped out interior and it was in the minuses when we were out that night, and on the defensive he didn't look to warm. Sound familiar to anyone ?

My throat was fooked for the rest of the week lol Good times.

I've been running my stripped out Nova all winter (no carpets, sound deadening, panels etc) and it's been fine, not cold at all if you keep the heater in there.

General Lee
14-02-08, 07:15 AM
it's a daily driver, i used to have a cage but when i went to put it in it was too big and i didn't have the fabrication skils i have now, that also put me off a bit.

General Lee
14-02-08, 07:18 AM
good point from timmy don't usually take long to put it all back so i think i might just give it a bash.

BenNova
14-02-08, 06:59 PM
good luck with it all then, lets hear how you get on. :thumb: