PDA

View Full Version : rolling road day

chimp007_uk
12-02-08, 12:25 AM
hi all,
i'm really good friends with the owners of "red dot racing", who make brake discs and pads. they also have a rolling road... after having my xe set up today, i got chatting, and they would offer a rolling road day where you can go along and do some power runs and small tinkering to get the most out of the car.

they're looking at around ?35 per car, for 10 people. the more, the cheaper... there's a big carpark out front, so plenty of space for everyone to have a chat and catch up etc etc.

any 2wd (fwd or rwd) welcome, so even if you don't have a nova, but fancy coming along and joining in.

if you want to add your names to this thread, and possible dates and i'll get it sorted!

they're based in watford, hertfordshire. its really easy to get to off the m1 or m25.

cheers
chris

Martin
12-02-08, 08:41 AM
erm.... there already is a RRday coming up, with TV invited...

meritlover
12-02-08, 08:47 AM
erm.... there already is a RRday coming up, with TV invited...

do not feel so threatened then Martin. you may join this one, or you can go to the other one.:roll:

please leave Mr Chimp alone. he's trying to organise something for everyones enjoyment and you basically shat on it.

Stoo
12-02-08, 08:48 AM
do not feel so threatened then Martin. you may join this one, or you can go to the other one.:roll:

please leave Mr Chimp alone. he's trying to organise something for everyones enjoyment and you basically shat on it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X5pLG6zYbn0

chimp007_uk
12-02-08, 09:12 AM
cheers stoo... put everything in perspective :)

you don't have to go, and it doesn't have to be striaght away... i just thought i'd ask as there are several people round here.

your vag's already remapped isn't stoo? they had a 1.8t golf in yesterday, 225bhp after oggy played with it.

cheers meritlover, if people don't want to go its no skin off my back. just thought i'd ask as there are a fair few people in and around the herts area...

and as i said, the car park is pretty big, i'm sure we could sort something. combine it with a meet?!?

Stoo
12-02-08, 09:14 AM
yeah its revo stage 1'd at the mo
about 210-220bhpzz

Jack
12-02-08, 11:15 AM
Feel free to arrange something, probably wouldn't be a proper club-endorsed event though.

Most people will be attending the RR day in March though, so might be better leaving it til the summer or autumn.

Martin
12-02-08, 11:23 AM

omg.. i wasnt having ago was just informing...

as hes not a "club member" (paid up) he wouldnt see the RRday thread. Afaik?

meritlover
12-02-08, 11:25 AM
relax. have a cup of tea. and chill

Martin
12-02-08, 11:30 AM
dont liek coffee.. Tea it is...

meritlover
12-02-08, 11:34 AM
ok

chimp007_uk
12-02-08, 12:03 PM
i know it wouldn't be a proper day... but if people who were local fancied it then i'd arrange something.

if there is another and people aren't interested, then don't worry... just thought it was an option.

MC
12-02-08, 12:04 PM
I'll be up for it, not sure what vehicle but I enjoy these events, good crowd of people with common interests, a way of meeting face to face, breaking ice and building a community spirit.

MC

Adam
12-02-08, 04:19 PM
Maybe organise it for later in the year, after all the events(march RR day, PV,Billing etc etc) are done and gone.

chimp007_uk
15-02-08, 05:01 PM
ok
people will have to remind me, i'll no doubt forget...

Jim
15-02-08, 05:33 PM
We should have a non-members section for us to organise RR days/meets? ;)

the "Unofficial section" lol.

MC
15-02-08, 10:04 PM
lol

Lee
15-02-08, 10:27 PM
Cracking idea. 'Tight Ass' forum coming right up lol

chimp007_uk
15-02-08, 10:40 PM
lol

Stuart
16-02-08, 09:01 AM