PDA

View Full Version : RAGE Exhausts

Adam Moran
25-07-02, 07:19 PM
Whos has a 93 Nova out there???

What sort of back box have you guys got??

I'm STILL after a twin oval for my 93 nova

Looking at RAGE at the moment N E 1 got one??

Cheers

14sr
25-07-02, 11:13 PM
i have a 91 nova sr with a full sportex twin 3 " system and it sound awsome . my mate has put a rage box on his astra sport and it sounds pretty much like the standard one

rob.slader
26-07-02, 09:53 AM
It all depends on how much you want to spend. As yours is a 93 model, it will have a cat and you will need to keep this for MOT purposes, so you could get a system from the cat back, which shouldn't be much more than a backbox. I have a 91 SR and have had a full Magnex stainless on it (4-2-1 manifold & system) for over two years now, it's lasted really well, doesn't sound too noisy and has a lifetime guarantee. On previous cars I have brought cheaper systems, but these tend to rot out eventually. In my opinion you can't beat a s/s exhaust for quality and durability. If you are on a budget ring powerflow, they can make up anything you want from stainless and you have a choice of end pipes. I think they are quite cheap.

pug-boy
28-07-02, 10:00 PM
ive got a gsi magnex back box onto my normal middle section, sounds well good. :D

carltoncrazy
28-07-02, 11:10 PM
whoever decided to put CAT`s on cars need to be shot,
sorry but they may reduce the sh** thats pumped out,
but really who cares??????????????
surly you can change the whole system for GSI/GTE and get round the cat that way(im asuming they dont us CATS)
the MOT bay can only fail if the Cat is not working or damage etc,
cant fail it if the system aint ment to have one.
dont matter on the age of the car its wethere the system is ment ton have it.
id just change the whole lot,whole system makes life easy and tho u lose some back pressure it does sound kl.my SR got a GTE system and it aint like loud like,some jus stabed the back box,but sounds like a rally car,without the loudness.+it backfires and pops when you change gear.which makes it that little more fun to drive.
i may be wrong as ive never failed a car on the CAT but if it aint there then they cant haveago at you for it,
+cant you get cat replacment pipes from auto xs........yes.
just food for thought but ive never seen/heard or failed a car for not haveing a CAT.
so could he just change the system,put a complete GSI/gte system onit?

Ben (lurk75)
28-07-02, 11:45 PM
Any car made after 92 must have a cat to pass the emissions test (offically) but you can get a cat replacement pipe!