PDA

View Full Version : 3 door v 5 door seats

Andy_L
11-02-08, 03:53 PM
What are the differences? I've got the option of buying a red SR interior from a 3 door to go into my 5 door.

What problems am I going to encounter if I buy it?

If it's a no go, how easy is it for the fabulous deck chair seats to be given some extra bolstering??

Ste L
11-02-08, 06:28 PM
fine putting an 3 door interior in a 5 door, but not the opposite, unless you dont carry people in the back lol

Andy_L
12-02-08, 01:16 PM
fine putting an 3 door interior in a 5 door, but not the opposite, unless you dont carry people in the back lol

lol cheers :thumb:

dannyb
12-02-08, 05:56 PM
The front seats fit but the bottom part of the back seats just don't fit. I had a 5 door and did this, it was a case of removing the seat covering material from the bottom part of the back seat, sewing it together and making a 'seat cover' to cover the 1 piece original seat bottom. Can give you pics.

5doornovaboy
12-02-08, 06:47 PM
just got another 5 door mate what u done to yours pics?

dannyb
13-02-08, 12:02 AM
The red/grey material comes off the base rather easily as it is sewn onto a length of flexible plastic. You un pick the two panels of material that meet each other, remove and sew the remainder together. You also need to take in the corners to match the curve of the 5 door back bench you are covering. This can be done without cutting the cover, but folding it in until it is snug around the bottom part of the 5 door bench, pinning in place, then taking the sewing machine/hand stitching it in place.

This illustrates that it is only a cover on the original base:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/dannyblo/RedSRrearbenchhowitcoversphotobucke.jpg

This is the finished article. You can see where I've taken it in at the very bottom of the pic.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/dannyblo/RdSRrearbenchphotobucket.jpg

Ste L
13-02-08, 02:33 PM
just got another 5 door mate what u done to yours pics?

why will that help him get a more sporty interior..

that's what he want's, if he get's another 5 door, just gonna have the same interior and he'll still be in the same place of wanting more supportive seats lol

craig green
13-02-08, 03:03 PM
I thought 3 door fr seats didnt go into a 5-dr... oh well.