PDA

View Full Version : !squeak1

twistysnovagte
10-02-08, 09:10 PM
right were do i start, it seems, and only recently that when i change gear1st to 3rd only i get a sqeak noise when i lift of the clutch but does NOT do this all the time.realy baffelled and wary of this:confused:
any sort of help would be much apprieciated:thumb:

Welsh Dan
10-02-08, 10:44 PM
What condition is the clutch in?

Stuart
11-02-08, 10:37 AM
sounds like the std nova clutch squeak. grease the pivot points up and see if it goes away.

meritlover
11-02-08, 10:46 AM
sounds like the nylon bush in the pedal, they all squeek it can be relieved temporarily by spraying with a silicon spray/polish, but best way is to destruct it and lubricate with a graphite grease etc...
cant think why you would change from 1-3rd. if you stop doing that the squeek will go away.

twistysnovagte
11-02-08, 06:09 PM
MERITLOVER: cant think why you would change from 1-3rd. if you stop doing that the squeek will go away.

i meant when i go through the gears 1st 2nd 3rd ;)
the squeak noise is coming from the front of the car engine bay area? and NOT not the squeak noise when pushing the clutch in and out, it does make that noise aswell. how much we talking for a clutch fitted?:thumb:

meritlover
11-02-08, 06:12 PM
torn engine mounts or worn/dry/sore linkage.

twistysnovagte
11-02-08, 06:18 PM
rough price on what its gonna cost to have this problem erased? and it so called had new engine mounts on its last m.o.t

meritlover
11-02-08, 06:25 PM
until you know what it is, you cannot estimate a price.

twistysnovagte
11-02-08, 09:18 PM
on closer inspection the car also makes a sqeak noise when the ignition is turned car runs fine etc? i heard this noise also on an old volvo but it was constant!

Welsh Dan
11-02-08, 09:58 PM
Does it do it if you change gear with the car stationary and the engine off?

twistysnovagte
11-02-08, 10:01 PM
Does it do it if you change gear with the car stationary and the engine off? no pal only when the cars running could be down to a lazy fanbelt to be honest so will replace this on the weekend;)
its an instant thing like 1-2 seconds like i say maybe a worn belt

Ryan5cyl
12-02-08, 12:48 PM
My friends Focus does this when he drives away, its asif when he brings the clutch up it sounds like a little tyre squeel but it isnt, still hasn't found the problem out yet :confused:

let_nova
12-02-08, 08:18 PM
engine mount, mine done it it was the one on the chassis leg drivers side.