PDA

View Full Version : Good little bargin...

tom_beverley
10-02-08, 11:27 AM
I went to Colin Smith's yesterday to pick up some parts (thankyou :thumb:) so while I was at it thought I'd do a run to Manchester to have a look at THIS (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290203754211&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019)

It looked as though it could be ideal since I'd be chopping out the back arches anyway and when I got there I was pleasently suprised! Had a good look round, underneath etc and if I wasn't after a minter I'd have snapped it up.

I was only looking at the shell condition but it does run ok too.

Good bits
-Inner wings (down to the front panel), strut tops (including behind) are almolst blemish free,
-Inside boot is excellent but has a tiny bit coming through in one corner (from underneath it looks a little scabby but sure most of it will brush off)
-Battery tray is very very good
-Underneath looked excellent
-Inside at the top of the footwells (where majority I've seen are rusty) are PERFECT!
-Passenger door is excellent
-I couldn't see any previous welding repairs
-Previously garaged

Bad bits
-Arches (both are bad but with someone in the know easily repairable with repair panels)
-Passenger sill has a few bubbles
-Drivers door has a couple of bubbles (on the outer skin only)
-Few spots of rust on the front panel, again didn't look too serious

Like I say, if I wasnt looking for a minter I can't recommend this car enough, sellers are nice and friendly too (got a nice cup of tea)!

Lynsey
10-02-08, 12:05 PM
Looks good :) luckily for me I already found my little 'hidden gem' 5 miles down the road. If I's have known you were in Altrincham you could have stopped by for a bacon sarni ;)

Ste L
10-02-08, 12:10 PM
Looks good :) luckily for me I already found my little 'hidden gem' 5 miles down the road. If I's have known you were in Altrincham you could have stopped by for a bacon sarni ;)

same, as i live in altrincham too..

may go have a look at it and get a free brew lol

tom_beverley
10-02-08, 12:20 PM
Its no good telling me now lol

I was bloody starving too :p