PDA

View Full Version : 60mm g-max

Nova1.6
25-07-02, 12:37 PM
the gmax 60mm lowering kit for about ?200, does it include shocks and springs and stuff for front and back? I dont really know what comes in the kit or what goes on front or back of car? Yes im a novice! if anyone knows exactly the price and what comes in it and what will be replaced on the suspension id be greatfull.
Getting damaged fixed from wen woman drove into me, still havent heard from her insurance company, its been 15 days now, was meant to take about 2! Im keeping on at them tho!
When I get damage fixed, est about ?500, im getting arches rolled and lowered at same time, hence me asking about the kit, just getting the body shop to put em in for me, prob charge a bomb!
Neil....oooh i mean shermonator(soz dogs_bolox nearly forgot!)

Ric 16v
25-07-02, 02:43 PM
yes you will get shocks and springs for the ?200 or however much it is, I got -60mm g-max shocks on my car and -60mm pi springs and they are very hard, I can chuck it round the roundabouts well fast now !!!!!

ade
25-07-02, 11:07 PM
gmax supersport is what I got and they come with 4 springs (2 front and 2 rear), 4 shocks - front and rear, they are all marked so you know which way the springs go and you can easily tell which shocks are the front and rear.
Theres also fitting instructions and you will need haynes manual.

You'll also need (in my opinion) spring compressors for the front springs (get them its safer) a 19mm crank neck spanner, 9mm & 10mm spanner, a couple of cans of wd40 and a length of scaffolding just incase. You'll also need to get the bolts torqued once fitted (just to be safe).

Fitting is easy - its getting your original suspension off is a bas tard though - I had to drill off one of my front struts - best to soak them on wd40 for a day or so before fitting.

Ade