PDA

View Full Version : Nova 0-60 record broken, by a Corsa :-D

Daimo_B
25-07-02, 10:59 AM
Nahh, not coming here to start a fight. Yesterday i arranged a Corsa Vs Saxo day held at Bruntingthorpe.

If u haven't heard, the Nova record for 0-60mph has been blown away.
Lucky B - 2.1 16v - Throttle Bodies - 0-60mph innnnnnnn
he he he he

4.97 seconds

147mph but he ran outta runway.

Also had a 1.6 16v Corsa on TB running 214bhp on rain tyres do a 0-60mph in 6.04seconds.

Fastest saxo hit 0-60mph in 6.38secs i think.

Most posts about it are here somewhere

http://194.203.66.5/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5

Daimo

(PS, so, whos gonna build a faster one. I reckon Lucky can go quicker yet too)

d0gz_bollox
25-07-02, 11:15 AM
stick the same spec engine in the lighter nova, nova would beat time yes?

dave.gsi
25-07-02, 11:34 AM
true.......plus you would'nt look like a hairdresser late for an appointment :lol:

nathanl
25-07-02, 11:35 AM
I can see this getting really bitchy soon :lol: :agrue: mines better than yours blah blah blah, I have had a few races with corsa's and when it comes to a roundabout they always seem to disappear in the rear view mirror :lol: strange that, you might have more speed but we have more balls :lol:

Daimo_B
25-07-02, 11:50 AM
See, i knew some people couldn't stay mature, hence why i put not trying to start a fight.

ANYWAY, for the mature ones on here, its a great time. He was consistantly running 5 secs, 5.1 and 5.2 0-60mph all day. Its totally standard looking but really really motors. Theres actaully not much of a tech spec if u must know. Custom managment system i think, 45mm throttle bodies, exhaust, manifold etc. No actaul power claims or graphs i have seen yet, but its supposed to be running 250bhp which is a hell of a lot. And, he's had no problems since he bought it and uses it for hillclimbs etc.

Again, for the more mature people who mite actually be interested (just like the people that attended yesterday (saxos n Corsa drivers)), just thought u'd want to know.

Guess i expected these kinda comments.

nathanl
25-07-02, 12:06 PM
Novas are gone, old news, is bound to inscite some comments, if I was to go on your site and title a post corsas are gone, old news, I would get some funny comments, we are just standing up for our motors thats all.

kevw
25-07-02, 12:55 PM
Whats he running gear-box wise? 4.9 is well fast!!

Daimo_B
25-07-02, 12:57 PM
Thats fair enuff i guess. I've changed the title.

Oh, again, not being arsey, where did u get ur 130mph tested??

The 1.6 on throttle bodies, he's running 214bhp and around 140-150lb ft torque. He managed to hit 135mph, and he's got a 9000rpm rev limit?

We had a 1.6 16v, running Mantzel Box and Turbo (8-10psi booost), but still on the 1400cc gearbox, hit the limiter in 5th (standard limiter is 6600rpm) halfway down the straight and it was 117mph. Damn it, told him he needs to get it mapped and raise the limiter to make propber use of the mantzel box, and get the GSi gearbox which has a a longer 5th gear. Should see 130mph from that.

Best saxo rana 6.4 o-60. Think that was the supercharged 1.6 8v. Still good though.

kevw
25-07-02, 01:09 PM
Were there any 2.016v Turbos running, just interested at what they did?

Daimo_B
25-07-02, 01:13 PM
Nope. There was supposed to be a 2.1 Turbo running about 280bhp go down, but they didn't turn up didn't even call/text me to tell me. Not happy with them AT all. I'd have expected 150mph to have been broken. The corsa that hit 147mph deffo can do more. Only got to 7200rpm and still had power left. Runway just wasn't long enuff lol. It revs up to 8500rpm. Looks great on the rev counter lol.

nathanl
25-07-02, 01:45 PM
I haven't had the 130 tested but I have had the speedo checked and it is accurate up to 120mph on the rollers @ novatech in Slough, it is a cavalier f13 box, I tried taking a pic of it but nearly killed myself :cry: so I will have to get a mate to take one.

Ian
25-07-02, 02:47 PM
daimo can you get a gearbox and diff spec for luckys car please.

and we have a nova here that would show some corsas.

1.4 16v (girly corsa engine) 185ish bhp.

towards end of the year watch the novas get quicker. (oh and we'll be sure to come post on cs lol)

Ian
25-07-02, 02:49 PM
oh and you can hardly complain about attitude towards corsas when on corsasport if you mention nova loads of abuse is given.

d0gz_bollox
25-07-02, 03:20 PM
See, i knew some people couldn't stay mature

2 comments are made and thats automatically classed as immature. certain posts that are 3 pages long slating one person or nuva is immature. Somebody saying that corsas are hairdressers cars is friendly banter.

its a common thing that corsas are called hairdressers cars, jelly moulds etc just like novas are tin cans. you take it with a pinch of salt, I wouldnt say it was offensive or immature.

hmmm cant make a post without something constructive.

okay here we go

Every F13CR box i have seen will do clock indicated 130mph @ 6500rpm, and they needed mods to get the revs to bounce of limiter in 5th.

[/quote]

Daimo_B
25-07-02, 03:36 PM
185bhp??

Read Andys reply. He'll soon be running new injectors running his 1.6 16v to 240bhp and 10,500rpm :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Oh, he's still got to strip it yet. Its still got 2 sets of component speakers etc etc in it still, all the doorcards, electrics etc. From how he was going on yesterday, i think its gonna b totally stripped. Its got a rollcage too.

So, 240bhp, 10,500rpm, totally stripped, its bloody fast at 6.04 (remember, its a 1.6 16v on TB not a 2.0litre, its gonna be mental. Oh, and a LSD is needed lol.

Hey, i've heard all the hairdresser jokes b4, jsut the same as u've heard all the cereal box jokes.

This F13CR gearbox, righty, i didn't realise till yesterday that the 1.4 16v and the 1.6 16v use different boxes. Then i realise i do know, because the 1.2 16v and 1.4 16v share the same gbox and brakes. Anyone know the code for these gearboxes??

The 1.4 16v does 112mph in the book. I've had 126mph on the speedo, but im a realist, so taking 10% its about 115mph, and i was v close to the limiter, which would work out i'd b hitting 117mph soon (this was aggggesssssss ago on a biiiiig downhill lol). So, i reckon that 117mph is right on the standard limiter.

But come on people, u can't deny, 4.97, its an amazing time for a front wheel drive hairdressers car (that can beat road going nova) lol. Again, thats not completley stripped out either!! He was doing consistant 5.1, and 5.2 secs all day. Done 147mph odd a few times, packed up, and drove it 6 hours home to scotland. U have to admit its very impressive!!

d0gz_bollox
25-07-02, 03:58 PM
its defiently impressive and it would be nice to get a full spec sheet for the engine/box and a retail price to match (i.e. how much would I have to pay to get my car to do those speeds)

Daimo_B
25-07-02, 05:02 PM
Well, i've just heard its an F20 gearbox.

Now, the work was done in Scotland. But the builder and previous owner and Lucky are staying quiet about it. But, again, i've heard the similar spec kit from SBD to get the 2.0 up to the same power costs about ?7000. So, being done at a smaller company, i shud guess ?5000-?6000???? But, these are all guess (apart form the gearbox lol) so dont take my word. Just thats from info i've gatherd.

djp_y2k
25-07-02, 06:39 PM
How i would love my car to be that quick. It is a bloody imperssive time. This leads me to a question.

1.6 16v or 2.0 16v?

Which do you reccomend as I want to run around 200 bhp?

dave.gsi
25-07-02, 11:24 PM
yes it is..............but as said b4, put the engine gearbox in the lighter nova shell and u'll go faster.

plus my mum drives a corsa and that says a lot lol :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
25-07-02, 11:35 PM
easy way to sort this....

organise a Nova v's Corsa day!

dave.gsi
25-07-02, 11:50 PM
just realized....didn't read second page lol so my post seems a bit lost..it should fit in at end of page one....i'm not a retard, honest :?:

Ian
26-07-02, 01:14 AM
nova v corsa day was suggested, suddenly his bottle went. he has realised novas are quicker and bottled the challenge.

basically damio u are all mouth and no trousers, u came here to cause trouble, you said novas are dead, yet your scared to put corsas against them once i posted examples of real nova quarter miles (13.1)

go back to sorting that cut and blow dry for you boyfriend julian.

dave.gsi
26-07-02, 01:33 AM
go back to sorting that cut and blow dry for you boyfriend julian.
lmao....well said :lol: :lol:

Daimo_B
26-07-02, 10:17 AM
Actually Ian, im not gay, sorry, im taken by a lovley blonde female. Try not to get too depressed about not being able to shag me though dude. I hear there are depression places u can talk to about it.

End of the day, the Corsa's are coming thru. All mouth no trousers my arse. As i said on corsasport, its too late in the year and the only time i've got free is the weekend before trax, too soon, and too many shows which = dent in wallets.

There are faaaaaaaaaaaaaar more 2.0litre 16v Nova's out there than there are corsas. Look at the 1st Nova Vs Corsa day, we had 1 2.0litre, and you lot had about 20. Its not gonna happen this year, maybe next year i'll do it.

But, i guess u haven't got the brains to realise that its too soon and isn't gonna happen this year. You see, im a realist, and although we would win 0-60mph, we wouldn't win top speed, q mile etc. We've only got 1 or 2 cars that have really had money thrown at the engine. But i know people who are/intending to go big style over the winter.

Call me next year, and i'll be up for arranging this.

Oh, Ian, one other thing, ever heard the words, grow and up?? Put them together and think about it maybe???? Just proves how dumb u are cos u still can't spell my nickname. :roll: geeeek.

Aye i came on here, but then realised the title was wrong really. People who are actually interested in cars and engines would be really interested in this, hence why i change the title and admitted it was wrong.

As i said on Corsasport, when are you going to admit your a tit??? Another Vibrio, MY CARS FASTER THAN ANYTHING. Then i heard u took it out somewhere and got thrashed lol.

SpArKySR
26-07-02, 10:35 AM
is it ur car? errr, no, so shut the fook up :p

yeh yeh yeh there is a corsa that is faster than a nova. but y r u rabittin on about it? respect to the guy if hes got a fast car, but as someone said earlier if u stuck that engine in a nova, it would be faster.

end of story, really.

Ben (lurk75)
26-07-02, 10:39 AM
ok so your boys mums and dads havent paid for you all to have engine transplants yet.(looking at the average corsa owner thats who buys them)

so why dont you draw a list going throught the engine sizes and try to match them up to similar cc engines from novas!

eg: 2.0l 16 Nova v's 2.0l 16v Corsa
1.6l 16v Nova v's 1.6 16v Corsa

Cause after all you lot have mostly got valvers as stanrard! And at the end of the day if you announced it now it would be the same notice period for both sets of owners.

So just from reading from what you have wrote you need 8 months (the winter) to prepare yourself for the challenge. (by your own admittance)

dave.gsi
26-07-02, 11:20 AM
sorry, im taken by a lovley blonde female

i think shes dyed her hair mate :lol: i take it thats u next to her lmfao!!

http://www.uglypeople.com/uglycouples/html/up-couples-00013.htm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
26-07-02, 11:31 AM
dear oh dear ive heard of getting personal but that is BAD (VERY funny though)

LMAO :P :lol: :D

nova---chris
26-07-02, 01:54 PM
Id be intested in how many out of date/over the hill/ ect novas will do this year on 0 to 60!

I hate hearing the corsa is taking over bollocks.!
How many novas are gonna run sub 14 seconds this year i wonder?
quite a few id expect.

i belive a corsa vs nova day should be arranged.
at least ppl can settle arguements.

respect to the man with the corsa who went sub 5 seconds.!
But if a corsa does it. a novas gonna do it!
10500rpm. sheesh. high rev limit.! wot spec bottom end does he run?
id be intested in knowing!

cheers

MC
26-07-02, 03:58 PM
Sorry to piss on your fire, but the quickest Nova 0-60 is actually 4.5 seconds, and get this, it's a 1.4xe!

http://www.vmotorsport.fsnet.co.uk/

Ben (lurk75)
26-07-02, 04:08 PM
not trying to get at anyone but how does anybody know what is the quickest nova/ corsa???

yes fair enough these cars might be the quickest known to everybody on here, but whats to say there isnt some car that is exceptionally quick that has never been on a track? that might not be in the uk?

To say that a nova/ corsa is the quickest about is all dependent on who is driving the thing, some dopey idiot could have the fastest car out there but if his reaction times are shite then his car will seem slow and will never clock up a decent time.

at the end of the day there are guys in there garages doing some weird sh*te to their cars and some of em dont like to say whats under the bonnet.

just look how well mantzel stuff is taking off? a couple of years ago no one knew they exsisted now loads of people are using there stuff as its good power>price comparison